Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-05-2009, 04:45 AM
For Vendetta

Robert Rodriguez wants Arnold Schwarzenegger back for the new Predators film.

The director has apparently asked the governor to reprise his role as Major "Dutch" Schaefer for his sci-fi sequel.

"They've written a role for him", a source has disclosed.

In a move that bucks recent industry trends, the movie will also be a conventional sequel as has been disclosed.

"Rodriguez is as against the idea of a straight-up remake as much as anyone - which is why they're considering this as an official sequel to John McTiernan's film. Like Terminator, they know Schwarzenegger's a vital ingredient of the franchise. Ideally, Arnold will see it that way too. Ball is in his court now".
Old 06-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
He's got a lot to do nowadays. And I mean...maybe a smallish role. Maybe he got obsessed with the threat of the Predators or something. But not as a main hero.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-09-2009, 07:18 AM
For Vendetta

Late last week the news hit the web that Robert Rodriguez had ''reached out to Arnold Schwarzenegger'' in recent days to cameo as Dutch in Predators - 20th Century Fox and Troublemaker Studios' Predator remake - and that it had been a one way conversation.

This afternoon Rodriguez e-mailed AICN to deny the earlier confirmed story.

Robert Rodriguez writes in to Aint it Cool News:

"Online news is amazing, much more exciting than real life!
There are so many sites saying that I'm actively pursuing Arnold!
Feels like all i have to do is sit here, and let the websites do the work!

Actually, what probably happened is someone conjured that up because of my 1994 draft, that had Dutch as a main character. And then it probably just built from there.

But no, we're still writing a new script, and although I know Arnold personally and he's the coolest person on the planet, I have not contacted him about this at all at this time.

As promised, I'll keep you posted on such developments since Predator is such a fan favorite.

But then again, he could very well have told someone he'd be into it. Who knows?

Personally, I haven't heard anything. But it's still early in the day.

-R
"

While this comes straight from the horses mouth, writers, directors and producers have been known to lie to no end to keep a secret (Rob Zombie anyone?). While he denies any truth to the rumor NOW, it doesn't mean he isn't planning on it in the future.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 AM
For Vendetta

Neil Marshall, British helmer of Dog Soldiers, The Descent and Doomsday, is apparently in talks to direct a film that doesn't begin with 'D'.

And if the rumours are right, that film could be Predators.

According to a story on BloodyDisgusting.com, Marshall is apparently in negotiations to direct the film, from a script by Robert Rodriguez.

There's still no word as to whether Predators will be a sequel, a prequel, or a reboot, but being that Marshall knows a thing or two about horror, expect lots of gore.

At present there's no word from 20th Century Fox as to whether there is any truth to the rumour.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:57 AM
For Vendetta

Nimrod Antal has joined the list of candidates hoping to direct Predators, it emerged today.

A fortnight back, AICN reported that Descent helmer Neil Marshall was on a seven name shortlist for the gig. Now Latino Review is claming Antal is also not only on said list, but topping it.

Nimrod who?

He directed thriller Vacancy (with Kate Beckinsale and Luke Wilson) and the upcoming actioner Armoured. His passport into Hollywood was the Hungarian comedy-drama language Kontroll – which was well received on the film festival circuit.

Producer Robert Rodriguez, who is masterminding the franchise reboot, hasn't confirmed the news yet.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:14 AM
For Vendetta

Fox has tapped Nimrod Antal ("Vacancy") to direct "Predators" for producer Robert Rodriguez through his Troublemaker Studios.

The project's scheduled for a July 7, 2010, release.

It represents the fifth iteration of the franchise, which dates back to Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Predator" in 1987, followed by "Predator 2" in 1990, "Alien Vs. Predator" in 2004 and "Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem" in 2007.

Alex Litvak and Michael Finch are scripting "Predators."

Fox announced in April that Rodriguez had come on board to re-boot the "Predator" franchise along with co-directing "Machete" with Ethan Maniquis.

Antal co-wrote and directed the 2004 Hungarian drama "Kontroll," set in the Budapest subway system and shown at Cannes. He also helmed heist drama "Armored" for Screen Gems, set for release later this year.

It seems Antal was chosen ahead of the likes of Neil Marshall because of his sterling work on Kontroll and the forthcoming Armoured, and also because of his charismatic personality.

Rodriguez said: "I found him to be an outstanding presence, a great communicator full of ideas... He reminded me of Quentin [Tarantino] with how he was able to work with a group of very strong, singular actor talents and make it look effortless."

He also tells us to expect Predators to be as character-driven as the original, and to revolve around "a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors (that are not always from outside their group)."

Predators will begin filming at Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios in Austin this autumn.

Excited? I sure am!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:58 AM
whatever gets you through

i think they should have gone with marshall
Old 07-04-2009, 08:44 AM
For Vendetta

I think Antal will do nicely.
I liked some of his claustrophobic camerawork in Vacancy. If he manages to create even half of the stuff Stephen Hopkins did for Predator 2, I ll be a very happy kid. :cool:
Old 07-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
As much as I was disappointed with Vacancy as a film, I'm confident Antal won't mess this up. I think it sounds good.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 08-14-2009, 08:51 PM
For Vendetta

Several months ago, it was reported that Vacancy director Nimrod Antal had been selected by producer Robert Rodriguez to helm Predators, a reboot of the rapidly waning franchise that most recently had the inter-galactic hunters battling with the streamlined and slimy Aliens.

Word today from Production Weekly's Twitter account pegs down a date for the start of production, announcing:

"Nimrod Antal is scheduled to being filming on Fox's reboot of Predators on Sept 28th at Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios in Austin."

While no formal story announcement has been made, Rodriguez has stated that the film will be as character-driven as the orininal and will revolve around "a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors (that are not always from outside their group)."

Of Antal, Rodriguez has said: "I found him to be an outstanding presence, a great communicator full of ideas... He reminded me of Quentin [Tarantino] with how he was able to work with a group of very strong, singular actor talents and make it look effortless."

In related news, Shock Till You Drop reports that Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger's KNB FX will be handling the Predator effects for the new film. Nicotero worked on the 1987 Predator film, and also collaborated with Rodriguez on From Dusk Till Dawn and Sin City.