Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 08-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Abandoned Dead

Places that would make Great Horror Movie Locations

Places that would make Great Horror Movie Locations

I'm always on the lookout for great horror movie locations. Sometimes they are hidden right under our noses. Others are harder to find and many hours away, and very difficult to find and access.

When we were scouting locations for 'ABANDONED DEAD' in LA, many of the places we liked required permits, but we found an old run down medical clinic near Downey that was perfect.

Anyways, when I was online I found a guy, a photographer named Andre Govia from Europe is an 'Urban Explorer,' (also known as Urbex, by those in the know) specializes in finding abandoned places all over the world, gaining access, and photographing them in a unique, astounding style.

I follow him on Pininterest, and am really impressed with the incredible beauty of his photographs.

Many of the places he photographs would make great horror movie locations!

Here's one such place.

I'll share more here later....

I encourage other forum members to post their own pics of places that would make great horror movie locations!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3026578865_5573143446_o.jpg (41.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by _____V_____; 10-01-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: removed self-spam link.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:26 PM
病気の

Old 08-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Abandoned Dead

These are Awesome!

Hey DeadBeatAtDawn,

I love these pics you've sent! I recognize those Star Wars looking ones on stilts in the ocean - aren't those located off the coast of Scotland where they used to run Pirate Radio stations?

A horror movie shot on one of those would be very cool!

Keep em coming!

Last edited by _____V_____; 10-01-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: removed self-spam link.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:25 AM
病気の

Yep! You are correct, you know your locations. The top one was found close to Bloomington, IN. A friend of mine was scouting for a movie there.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:30 AM
Abandoned Dead

Locations...

Cool. Indiana has a lot of great locations. Lots of old abandoned factories and steel mills, nice rural settings. I've driven through the state a few times while touring with a band in my younger days, and we used to play the Holiday Inn in Logansport and another club called the Bombay Eagle in Fort Wayne. Indiana rocks for locations.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:11 AM
ventricle

Plus, you really get a claustrophobic feeling.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Horror Fan

Very impressive work, Sculpt! Can I come over??

Old 08-10-2014, 11:28 AM
ventricle

As long as your mom says it's OK.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:06 PM

I don't post pics (just don't know how to) but I remember one episode of the show "Departures" (two guys travelling the world) where they spent a couple of nights in Cape Hope in Greenland. Its a small abandoned village..just so barren and cold. Looking out the windows into the frozen dark..not knowing what might look back!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:53 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
I don't post pics (just don't know how to) but I remember one episode of the show "Departures" (two guys travelling the world) where they spent a couple of nights in Cape Hope in Greenland. Its a small abandoned village..just so barren and cold. Looking out the windows into the frozen dark..not knowing what might look back!

Posting a pic is easy, just find your pic on the internet, put your mouse cursor over the pic, right-mouse-click, choose "copy image URL", inside your forum post, at the top of the post box click on this icon , a text box will open, put your mouse cursor in the box and PASTE the image URL, click OK, and presto the image will appear in your post.

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-10-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Tags
abandoned dead, horror movie, movie locations