Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Whip In My Valise

Beware The Rerecording

I'm probably being fussy, but I can't stand it when I buy an album or song that I think is the real thing and it turns out to be an inferior rerecording of the original song. I got burned on a couple of tracks I purchased off the album pictured. Anyone else irritated by rerecordings?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 AM
From The Beyond

Yes I've had this problem many times. At the moment I remember getting Kate Bush's The Whole Story which had a rerecording of "Wuthering Heights". It was labelled (new vocal) which should have set alarm bells ringing but the whole thing was different and is the worst kate bush song IMO. Have the original now thank goodness.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Whip In My Valise

I cannot stand those compilations where they sneak in a few tracks that are not the real deal. One I remember vividly was Every Breath You Take by The Police, a greatest hits album. Everything was fine except 'Don't Stand So Close To Me', a horrific rerecording. I think they were intending to rerecord all the songs and that ended up not happening, so I should be thankful for that at least.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jSl-Lr4VuY
Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 AM
From The Beyond

Your right it happens a lot with greatest hits compilations. Another one that springs to mind was Tori Amos's Tales From A Librarian which tricked people into buying it because it had a rare track called "Snow Cherries From France" but all the singles were rerecordings I think only one was half decent but the rest were terrible. Another thing you get a lot here in the UK is when you buy a new album, six months or so later the album is rereleased with bonus unreleased tracks therefore ripping off fans as they have to buy the same album again to get the new songs. Its ridiculous and extremely annoying.