Old 11-22-2008, 09:48 AM
For Vendetta

HDC Idol 2008-09

Good morning folks,

All of you are very welcome to HDC Idol 2008-09. Over the next few weeks, or months, we will be on the hunt for the one true HDC Superstar who has the will, wit and knowledge to be a potential celebrity in his/her own right. That person will rightfully be crowned as HDC Idol Superstar 2008-09, and will boast of the title for times immemorial.

But first, the details. As you all know, the deadline for closure of accepting confirmations ends a little less than 24 hours from now. But, in order to have a rollicking start, and tend to the thirst of curiosities regarding this event, I am boosting the opening ceremony to now. All of you are vaguely unfamiliar with the events which lie in front of you, the tests, the challenges, the twists which will keep you going or eliminate you, etc. All will be explained in due time.

For now, let's have a look at the groups, under which all confirmed participants find themselves in.

Here are...

THE OGRES

• Bloodrayne
  • bwind22
  • Cactus
  • Dude Guadalupe
  • Freak
  • Illdojo
  • Jenna26
  • Roshiq

THE GOBLINS

• Alkytrio666
  • ChronoGrl
  • Ferretchucker
  • Fortunato
  • MurderDoll
  • Painfulldeath
  • The Flayed One

and

THE ELVES

• Gorephobia
  • Miss Macabre
  • Novakru
  • Papillon Noir
  • Pinkfloyd45769
  • Posher778
  • Dante's Inferno

Take a close look at the groups you find yourselves in. Each one of the other members in that group is YOUR IMMEDIATE OPPONENT. Because, if you have been paying attention, you have to knock over all the others in your group and finish in the Top 3 to be guranteed a spot in the next Rounds.

Which brings me to explain to you...THE RULES!!

Rules For HDC Idol 2008-09

01 - You are responsible for your actions, and your actions only. The group will NOT be held guilty or punishable for anything which you do. The sole purpose of you being a part of the group is to fight your way into the Top 3 contention, for passage into the next Rounds.

02 - Each test will involve a lot of skill, patience, knowledge and wit. It is upto you to give each test your best effort - however if you use cunningness, manipulation, and the internet for your answers, you are permitted to do so.

03 - All of you will be under the stern gazes of your Judges, and their decision will be FINAL and BINDING. No contestant is allowed to question the judgement of any Judge, or challenge their integrity. The Judges will be fair, impartial and very strict.

04 - Over the course of the event, if you indulge in any sort of skirmishes, flaming wars, name-calling etc. with a contestant or contestants, then it will not be the liability of HDC Idol or any of its Judges. We will suggest you take it to PMs, or emails, and not cause unnecessary harrassment to other contestants.

05 - At the end of the first 3 Rounds, all scores of each contestant in each group will be added up. The Top 3 winners of each group will then advance on to the Individual Challenges, who will be joined by ONE wildcard contestant who will be selected from all the losing contestants.

06 - The decision to give all losing contestants one more chance depends solely on the discretion of the Judges and the host sponsors only.

07 - We all will have a wonderful time in our quest to finding the winner. All of you are urged to take your wins and losses in the right spirit, and keep the sportsmanship spirit alive.

The deadline is still on, so the first Test will be posted once the confirmation deadline is up. Till then, watch this thread and get prepared.

Last edited by _____V_____; 11-22-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Sounds good.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-22-2008, 10:30 AM
No charge for awesomeness

So who are the judges?

And thanks for putting me in to such a weak group! Muhawhahahaha!
Old 11-22-2008, 02:15 PM
mostly ghostly?

Oh, geez. Considering the company I have in the Goblins, this is not going to be easy.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Way to stick me in a group where I love everyone.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:51 PM

You may love them, but now they are your sworn enemies. Let the bodies hit the floor.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:06 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Oh my GOSH! This contest looks CREEPY! :eek:

Me scaredy :(

Friend....gooooood!

Old 11-22-2008, 03:15 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Oh my GOSH! This contest looks CREEPY! :eek:

Me scaredy :(
You a-makin' me scared, Crabby! :eek: :o
Old 11-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Oh, geez. Considering the company I have in the Goblins, this is not going to be easy.
Yeah, I was excited when I first saw our group, until I learned that those are the people I have to compete against.

But enough of that!

*breaks, pops, does the worm and points at fortunato*

You got served!
Old 11-22-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
*breaks, pops, does the worm and points at fortunato*

You got served!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Damn! You served him up somethin' fierce! Go home and change your undies now fortunato!

I'm glad I don't have to face that shit 'til the finals! Those were some mad skills yo!

My group is runnin' scared. Can't say I blame 'em but still... I expected something from someone. So far not not a peep out of any of them since I elbowdropped Roshiq.