Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Evil Sweat

The Purge: Anarchy

"On the night of the annual Purge, a man sets out to exact vengeance on the man who killed his son, but becomes compelled to assist a mother and daughter who were taken from their home, along with a couple who were left stranded on the highway, to help them survive the night."

Usually I avoid trailers because often they contain spoilers but I couldn't resist.
Didn't notice any spoilers at first sight but the suprise effect is kinda gone when you watch the trailers, so be warned!

Trailer 1: The couple stranded on the highway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaoh3PqHG7I

Trailer 2: The man out for vengeance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFCDqKE4yA

I'm starting to think they made the first one a home invasion movie so they could use the profit for what they actually wanted to do.
I'm looking forward to this!
Old 10-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Great with a machete

Debate

I have a burning question about this film to pose to you folks:

Would you participate in the Purge? What are your thoughts on this concept? Would you go into lock-down or would you be out there with a machete hunting down your old dentist? I think this movie raises some very cool questions about ethics and human rights. I am curious as to what others think.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:27 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post

Would you participate in the Purge? What are your thoughts on this concept? Would you go into lock-down or would you be out there with a machete hunting down your old dentist? I think this movie raises some very cool questions about ethics and human rights. I am curious as to what others think.
As I'm not a raving lunatic I'd be taking my vacation during that time each year.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:12 AM
Great with a machete

Haha! That's fair enough. But the point of the movie, is that it becomes a societal "norm" and completely legal to commit murder on that day. You wouldn't be deemed a "lunatic" for participating in an event that had become socially acceptable. That's what I like most about the films. The fact that "ordinary" everyday people can tap into their darker side and take their vengeance out on those around them. No one is innocent nor guilty. If you had NO repercussions for your actions, you still wouldn't "purge"? Maybe it's because of an attachment to the moral idea of taking a life being 'wrong'? Maybe it's out of fear of being killed off? This is what fuels my question!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Evil Sweat

I would start a Purge Rave Party concept and trademark it.
The Purge Rave will take place in a secure location, all kinds of drugs will be for sale in the open and all profits will go to the Baron Von Marlon charity
Old 10-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post

I would do it. I would like to focus on people who honestly would be no loss to society if they were killed (child molesters, for example); I just couldn't randomly pick someone if they were just an innocent person who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time (like in Anarchy). Since I am all for capital punishment, what's the difference if I do it or if someone at a prison does it? My definition of killing someone could be completely different from somebody else's perception of it. I just don't see the difference of who actually does it, killing is killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
I would start a Purge Rave Party concept and trademark it.
The Purge Rave will take place in a secure location, all kinds of drugs will be for sale in the open and all profits will go to the Baron Von Marlon charity
I am laughing my ass off!! You would make a lot of money from this because we all know a lot of people would go!!!!!

Old 10-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
I am laughing my ass off!! You would make a lot of money from this because we all know a lot of people would go!!!!!
I might use some profits to make movies involving purgers during the purge.
That would lead to more profits and bigger movies about bigger purges.
Titles like Pedo Slayer and Rapist Massacre come to mind.

Small note: everything would be directed from my cosy secure mansion/workplace in a safe country where there's no Purge.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:20 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I would do it. I would like to focus on people who honestly would be no loss to society if they were killed (child molesters, for example); I just couldn't randomly pick someone if they were just an innocent person who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time (like in Anarchy). Since I am all for capital punishment, what's the difference if I do it or if someone at a prison does it? My definition of killing someone could be completely different from somebody else's perception of it. I just don't see the difference of who actually does it, killing is killing.
So just because you're allowed to it would instantly turn you into a killer? I find that pretty sick and disturbing.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
I might use some profits to make movies involving purgers during the purge.
That would lead to more profits and bigger movies about bigger purges.
Titles like Pedo Slayer and Rapist Massacre come to mind.

Small note: everything would be directed from my cosy secure mansion/workplace in a safe country where there's no Purge.
Lol, funny how people want to participate in it BUT not be "seen" doing it.

I like the titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
So just because you're allowed to it would instantly turn you into a killer? I find that pretty sick and disturbing.
Wow, I guess people don't always want to hear the truth. In retrospect, someone may want to take me out in a purge. Remember, it's not like we have to worry about this any time soon!

It has been known for centuries that many people turn savage and brutal when survival and revenge are at stake.

Last edited by tfantasy; 10-19-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:48 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:

It has been known for centuries that many people turn savage and brutal when survival and revenge are at stake.
True. But in this scenario I would call it casual killings.