Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 02-05-2015, 06:03 AM
Little Boo

Red face Do Horror Movies Create Serial Killers?

With so many disturbing copycat killers hitting headlines in the past three decades, is there a case against horror movies in the debate over media and violence in real life? Alltime Conspiracies investigates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62zyvy6LCQ
Old 02-05-2015, 06:11 AM
I am the turtle lord

Depends on if a mans mind can take the horror of the film. Those who think its for real slowly go down the road of insanity. psychology is not my thing though.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:54 AM
fanged menace

no i dont think so, can they take insparation from them?...yes probably, but a damaged mind could do the same from fluffy clouds lol. on a serious note people have been commiting mass murder for thousands of years for millions of reasons so i think every single case has to be taken on its own merits.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:57 AM
I am the turtle lord

Remember that incident of that guy who dressed up like the joker went to a bat man movie and mowed down all those people in the theatre.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
Remember that incident of that guy who dressed up like the joker went to a bat man movie and mowed down all those people in the theatre.
Yes I do. Christopher Nolan has blood on his hands IMO. Shame on him for keeping the Aurora victims' ticket sales.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Evil Dead

People have been debating for years about how society effects peoples' minds and I feel that the majority of killers already have a warped mind and that movies, books, or music have nothing to do with it. I think people just want to use society as a scapegoat for a reason on why they kill.

I remember when they tried to blame Ozzy on why younger people were violent or why they were having seances. Whatever, young people are more curious about things than anything else.

It actually made me mad on several occasions when people would just find someone or something to point their fingers at when someone committed a crime. Whatever happened to people just owning up to what they did? Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions, it's just too easy to blame it all on someone or something else.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalATC View Post
With so many disturbing copycat killers hitting headlines in the past three decades, is there a case against horror movies in the debate over media and violence in real life? Alltime Conspiracies investigates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62zyvy6LCQ
How many examples of copycat killers are there? Links?
Old 02-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Gore Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyd1977 View Post
no i dont think so, can they take insparation from them?...yes probably, but a damaged mind could do the same from fluffy clouds lol. on a serious note people have been commiting mass murder for thousands of years for millions of reasons so i think every single case has to be taken on its own merits.
agreed. half of me thinks hey, looking at at gun can inspire the other half no. Clearly minds don't work the same way. If someone blames music or movies for their horrendous acts, then the seed was all ready there, just needed some water to help grow. So I guess imo, if someone blames the said thing for their wrong doing, it was already there....just needed something to guide them.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:52 AM
Evil Dead

I dont think they create serial killers at all.

Take me for instance,i have only ever killled three people and only ate one of those.I dont think that make me a serial killer at all,the numbers dont stack up.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:01 AM
Evil Dead

To be honest I find the notion of horror movies or violent video games causing people to actually commit violent acts to be utterly absurd.

Tags
conspiracies, conspiracy, horror, serial killer