Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 02-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

LOL...fuck that. I just typed out a huge reply that didn't post..

CLIFF NOTES:

No they don't.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Horror Fan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
Remember that incident of that guy who dressed up like the joker went to a bat man movie and mowed down all those people in the theatre.
Maybe action/adventure movies are to blame? If you think about it very few horror movies feature AK-47s, uzis and the like. Can't say the same for Sin City, Robocop, etc.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:59 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Maybe action/adventure movies are to blame? If you think about it very few horror movies feature AK-47s, uzis and the like. Can't say the same for Sin City, Robocop, etc.
Maybe your right I retract my last few statements back there.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:53 AM
Evil Dead

i look at it this way, horror movies definitely have an influence. Someone said it's all the brain, but its not that simple is it. Nobodys born a killer and yet people do, and this is due to external influences, on the brain. therefore horror movies, along with countless other influences, will take effect. not to say that it will be the thoughts from horror movies that will be purely influential of course, but they could, not are, could, be an influencing factor. Another arguement is 'well they must have being disturbed already. yes, very possibly so, but 'if', and again i use the word 'if' it turns out to be an influence does that excuse it?

of course, there are equally reasoned and valid counter arguements for all these points, and my opinio overall is that it is numerous social, economic, and personal reasons that push people that way
Old 02-19-2015, 06:29 AM
Little Boo

No.
What came first chicken or the egg
Old 02-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Little Boo

Cool People blame everything but the person

What I have seen with the copycat killers, is that people tend to blame everything except the person who commits the crime; it is always the gun, the knife, violent video games, guns, etc. Take guns for instance, Every time there is a shooting, some people rush to blame the gun and rant about needing gun control. They never mention improving mental health care, they never seem to understand that some people are just plain evil.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Evil Dead

yes they are, but is putting a gun in the hands of these people a sensible thing to do?
Old 02-21-2015, 03:54 AM
Evil Dead

Guns aren't just given to people with mental health issues, they get them by other means. I am a gun owner and I can go on for a long time with this subject.

People kill people, it's as simple as that. It's not the fault of weapons, tv, society, etc. People don't take responsibility for their actions, instead they blame everything on some one or some thing else. It's been like that throughout history.

Time for a new thread......

Old 02-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Evil Dead

No I don't think horror movies create serial killers. I believe serial killers copycat movies though. This has been debated a lot and I think it seriously depends on the person. I've seen so many horror movies in my age cause I enjoy being scared. It's a thrill to me. Some people just take it way too far.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:44 AM
Evil Dead

people do kill popeople but the gun is a very efficient way of doing this, that's why armed forces have them. I don't think you can honestly say it is simply down to the gun or the person holding it. It is a mixture of both and circustances that lead to outcomes. I am in the Uk and guncrime here is rare as guns are banned. i do feel it would be higher if they were more readily availlable.

Tags
conspiracies, conspiracy, horror, serial killer