Old 04-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Evil Dead

Most Anticipated Summer Movies

What summer movies are you anticipating this year? I'm really looking forward to Insidious: Chapter 3, Poltergeist, Tomorrowland, Spy, Terminator: Genisys, and Inside Out.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Evil Dead

Alleluia
Horsehead
The Gallows
We Are Still Here
Felt
Goodnight Mommy
Human Centipede 3

Not sure how many of those I'll actually get to see in the theaters, but hopefully they at least get to VOD quickly.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Horror Fan

Jurassic World

The Vatican Tapes

Goosebumps

Old 04-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Jurassic World

The Vatican Tapes

Goosebumps
Vatican Tapes looks like it's gonna be really boring....
Old 04-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Vatican Tapes looks like it's gonna be really boring....
Just making sure you're reading...

Old 04-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Alleluia
Horsehead
The Gallows
We Are Still Here
Felt
Goodnight Mommy
Human Centipede 3

Not sure how many of those I'll actually get to see in the theaters, but hopefully they at least get to VOD quickly.
Watched the trailers except Human Centipede 3 'cause I know I want to see it and will be avoiding all info.

Horsehead looks like it could be good, but interesting scenes do not mean its a good film. Also the what's real and what isn't thing is so tiresome now. And if at the end its just some sort of resolving or being lost in real emotional turmoil...that'll ruin it too. However if it avoids those things then it looks good.

The Gallows, just from the trailer...yay yet another movie with a woman being brutalized.....

We Are Still Here looks amazing. Also the fact that the actors aren't young and 'hot' is a big plus.

Felt, I could not tell much about it. A decent into madness? Or was it something else?

Couldn't find a trailer in english for Goodnight Mommy. Were you able to find onie?
Old 04-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Evil Sweat

Cooties. Supposed to be released mid September.

Jurassic World has my interest but I'll wait for a Blue Ray or VOD release so I won't be watching this in the summer.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Evil Dead

I might sound crazy but I think The Human Centipede 3 will finally get it "right" this time. It looks like it will go in a more comedic direction as if the filmmakers finally figured out how ridiculous the premise is. It might be pretty entertaining actually.

As for The Gallows, that looks extremely interesting. I've read it's about a group of kids who try to resurrect this doomed play from decades before that resulted in a tragedy, and history repeats itself, as if the play is cursed. The teaser made it look pretty dense and clever (anyone notice the guy coming out of the darkness before the close up of the girl's face?)

Poltergeist could be alright. I'm not picky if it's practically the same plot as the original because I'm more interested in seeing how they are going to modernize it. I'm thinking it'll be like Carrie; not much new other than a modernization.

Insidious: Chapter 3.... honestly my sights aren't set too high. I'm just hoping it isn't just a rehash of the first two with a new family.

Sinister 2 doesn't look too hot. They showed Baghuul too much in the trailer, and it looks like it's gonna focus on the kids more than the tapes. Maybe it'll surprise me?

The Visit could be interesting. It seems as though it's a mockumentary like The Last Broadcast, and I love those types of movies. I'm hoping it's a return to form for Shyamalan.

The Vatican Tapes looks like an even worse version of The Exorcism of Emily Rose, which I didn't like one bit. Exorcism movies have never been my favorite anyway, so I'll pass on that movie.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:15 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I know I'll be seeing Jurassic World.

Thought about Goosebumps but I dunno. I think I'd rather watch the classic tv show (now on Netflix).

What I'm terrified of is Poltergeist. The original is one of my favorites, and like the TMNT movie that came out last year, I really don't want them to butcher another classic. HERE'S an idea Hollywood. Instead of taking good movies and making them bad, how about you take a bad movie and try to make it GOOD.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 04-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I know I'll be seeing Jurassic World.

Thought about Goosebumps but I dunno. I think I'd rather watch the classic tv show (now on Netflix).

What I'm terrified of is Poltergeist. The original is one of my favorites, and like the TMNT movie that came out last year, I really don't want them to butcher another classic. HERE'S an idea Hollywood. Instead of taking good movies and making them bad, how about you take a bad movie and try to make it GOOD.
There is a glimmer of hope for Poltergeist because it's directed by the guy who directed Monster House. I'm not sure if you've seen it, but it's an excellent animated movie with some good horror too.