Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 12-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Zoo Birds Decapitated, Stuffed In Mailboxes

3 Arrested in Bird Killings at Illinois Zoo

DECATUR, Illinois -- Authorities charged three men in connection with the decapitation of birds at Decatur's Scovill Zoo, saying they urged a 15-year-old to break into the zoo on Halloween and helped cover up the crime.

In documents released Wednesday, police described it as a theft attempt gone awry. They said the teenager, arrested last month, had been urged by the three to steal chickens from the zoo on Oct. 31.

The following day, zoo workers found two Chilean flamingoes and a white pelican mangled in their cages.

Chief Park Ranger Ward Davis said authorities believe the teen went after the birds after being unable to find any chickens. In court documents, authorities said the 15-year-old strangled and decapitated the flamingos and stomped on the pelican before decapitating it. The case against the teen is pending.

Sean M. Riley, 26, Lloyd G. Pringle, 19, and Brandon Gossard, 19, were arrested in connection with the bird deaths Wednesday.

Prosecutors allege that Riley directed the 15-year-old to commit a theft at the zoo and gave him clothing, a backpack and knife used in the crime; that Pringle helped the teen get over a fence; and that Gossard helped hide evidence, including putting parts of the birds in rural mailboxes.

Riley and Pringle are charged with criminal damage to government-supported property, punishable by up to seven years in prison, and with three counts of animal torture. Riley also is charged with unlawfully contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. Gossard is charged with obstructing justice.

The sheriff's office said the three men did not have public defenders yet. The men could not be reached for comment Thursday; none had listed phone numbers in the Decatur area.

Park officials say the community has raised more than $14,000 to replace the birds.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 12-25-2004, 08:10 AM
Queen of Randomness

heh heh heh heh... sorry, it's the eggnog speaking, I swear! That just sounds like an awesome prank.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Damian

Send a message via AIM to Gren the cake Send a message via Yahoo to Gren the cake
thats horri ble.

IN REMEMBRANCE OF BARF CUM - .................. ^_^