Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Youth Pastor Gets Death Sentence For Killing Teenager He Impregnated

Texas Man Gets Death for Killing Fetus

San Antonio, Texas - A former youth pastor was sentenced to death Wednesday for killing a teenager and her fetus in what is believed to be the first such order in Texas, the nation's busiest death penalty state.

Adrian Estrada, 23, was convicted Friday of one count of capital murder for the death of Stephanie Sanchez and the fetus, of which he was the father.

"This is a significant case," said Bexar County prosecutor Susan Reed. "This is significant for the state."

A 2003 Texas law amended the definition of the word "individual" to include an "unborn child at every stage of gestation from fertilization until birth."

The death sentence is Texas' first in the death of a fetus, said Dave Atwood, founder of the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, which monitors capital cases.

Sanchez, 17, was three months pregnant Dec. 12, 2005, when her body was found in her family's home. She had been choked and stabbed 13 times. During the trial, DNA evidence was presented to show Estrada was the father.

Estrada, a former youth pastor for a church, admitted to the stabbing the day after the killings. Prosecutors also said he worked out at a gym and went shopping after the crime. He showed no emotion when his punishment was read.

"The bad guy that you don't suspect is the one that you can't protect your loved one from," said Scott Simpson, Bexar County assistant prosecutor. "And that's what he was and that's what he is."

Estrada's attorney, Suzanne Kramer, had argued that her client made bad decisions.

"It that enough to execute him? Is that enough to kill him?" she asked the jury.

According to the Web site of the National Conference of State Legislatures, at least 36 states have homicide laws defining a fetus as a person.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrayne View Post
Estrada's attorney, Suzanne Kramer, had argued that her client made bad decisions.

"It that enough to execute him? Is that enough to kill him?" she asked the jury.
Stabbing someone to death is considered 'making a bad decision'?...I know lawyers come up with some off-the-wall bullshit to try to free their clients, but give me a break...This chick is nuts...

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be

Last edited by bloodrayne; 02-09-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Stabbing someone to death is considered 'making a bad decision'?...I know lawyers come up with some off-the-wall bullshit to try to free their clients, but give me a break...This chick is nuts...
Or worse, stupid.

Its funny, pro-lifers get me in a tizzy most of the time, but if you can get an asshole like this convicted for murders, then i am all for it :)
Old 02-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Dead Living

i knew we couldnt trust youth ministers.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:48 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
I say give him the chair and she can sit on his lap.