Old 11-04-2020, 01:49 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

Mayhem Vs Burzum

i was actually thinking about these two bands, and whichI actually like more, and I couldn't totally decide, though i've been listening to Mayhem for a long time, Burzum was also always there and I'd listen to them also at times, so my vote would probably go to Mayhem, but Burzum seemed more melodic to me, and Mayhem more heavy.

After these thoughts i looked only to see what the internet says.... I came across this interesting article saying that Mayhem is more of a satanic way of black metal and burzum non satanic black metal...interesting...

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 11-04-2020 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:45 PM
mostly ghostly?

Burzum got me into black metal and I always liked his stuff a lot more than Mayhem's, but I can't listen to a lot of those second wave Scandinavian groups anymore; buncha whiny suburban racist rich kids. Definitely takes the wind out of the sails for me.
Old 11-07-2020, 10:07 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Burzum got me into black metal and I always liked his stuff a lot more than Mayhem's, but I can't listen to a lot of those second wave Scandinavian groups anymore; buncha whiny suburban racist rich kids. Definitely takes the wind out of the sails for me.
good points made.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:13 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
good points made.
That being said, as a fellow black metal fan, have you heard the new Paysage d'Hiver record? One of my favorite BM releases in a while! Been jamming on it quite a bit lately.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:10 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

No I have not i shall check it out!

ok...as I come back to my comment re-editing it, you must be speaking of Im Winterwald i must say I actually do really like this, I also like the fantasy cover art of the wizard dude in the dark woods. Awesome guitar parts I keep hearing.

Last edited by TaeKwonZombie; 11-07-2020 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:19 AM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeKwonZombie View Post
No I have not i shall check it out!

ok...as I come back to my comment re-editing it, you must be speaking of Im Winterwald i must say I actually do really like this, I also like the fantasy cover art of the wizard dude in the dark woods. Awesome guitar parts I keep hearing.
Yeah! Glad you dig it! You should definitely check out his other stuff too. He also was the guitarist for Darkspace, which is a killer atmospheric black metal group.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Living Dead

varg is a piece of shit

I am an avid black metal fan, but not a fan of burzum. Varg vikerns is a convicted murder, a liar and a coward. He is also a racist piece of shit. He should still be in prison for murdering euronomous and in my opinion,would rot in hell if hell existed. But it doesn't,so he won't.