Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Evil Dead

Lets talk movies you haven't seen.

Here we go...just thought (this has probably been done, but hey) this could make for some good recos and discussion.

So...just what comes to mind...I'm sure there'll be more.

Raging Bull, the Beyond, Lifeforce, chinatown, phantasm (any) reanimator (any)

Thoughts?

List some.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:00 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Ugh....theres a ton.

I get a lot of shit for not having seen any of the Indiana Jones sequels...hell, I only watched Raiders for the first time during the summer.

Raging Bull, Rocky. American History X, Demons, All About Eve, ANYTHING by Kurosawa, Godfather III, Usual Suspects, Clockwork Orange, Gladiator, Life of Brian, Day the Earth Stood Still, [REC]....God, and thats just off the top of my head.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i dunno if i can think of anything ...

i mean there's crap like the 4th, 5th, hellraiser - shit like that that i have no interest in (leprechaun # whatever ... etc...)

i'm assuming your talking more about 'classics'. bigger films almost everyone but yourself has seen.

i cant think of anything at all ...maybe someone else will mention one that'll be the same as me and jog my memory
Old 09-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Ugh....theres a ton.

I get a lot of shit for not having seen any of the Indiana Jones sequels...hell, I only watched Raiders for the first time during the summer.

Raging Bull, Rocky. American History X, Demons, All About Eve, ANYTHING by Kurosawa, Godfather III, Usual Suspects, Clockwork Orange, Gladiator, Life of Brian, Day the Earth Stood Still, [REC]....God, and thats just off the top of my head.
Damn! Phalanx and Return, you guys both need to drop what you're doing and see Raging Bull. I can guarantee no matter what kind of expectations you might have, it will fulfill them.

Phalanx, you'd dig Re-Animator.

Return, where do I start? Mostly Life of Brian, Clockwork Orange, All About Eve, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and Seven Samurai.

-----

I, too, have yet to see Phantasm though have wanted to for a long time. Believe it or not, I haven't seen The Godfather parts II and III, I haven't seen Breathless, The Breakfast Club, or Lawrence of Arabia.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:11 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
I, too, have yet to see Phantasm though have wanted to for a long time. Believe it or not, I haven't seen The Godfather parts II and III, I haven't seen Breathless, The Breakfast Club, or Lawrence of Arabia.
Part II is severely overrated. It's a very good film, but the people who say it's on par with/better than the first are out of their minds.

I was really pleasantly surprised with The Breakfast Club, I went in not expecting much and only watched because I was cast in a stage version of it. Ended up REALLY enjoying it - just a flat-out brilliant script.

Lawrence of Arabia should be on my list, too.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Mr Smith Goes To Washington, Schindler's List, Beh-Hur, Lawrence Of Arabia, All About Eve, off the top of my head.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:40 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Alky's av just reminded me of another one - The French Connection.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Alky's av just reminded me of another one - The French Connection.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:19 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
You know, thats actually WAY less of a reaction than I was expecting :p

I haven't been able to find a copy of it around here, but I promise I'll track it down soon...ok?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Tenant

Quote:
You know, thats actually WAY less of a reaction than I was expecting :p

I haven't been able to find a copy of it around here, but I promise I'll track it down soon...ok?
Deal. It's so raw and ferocious; it's unlike anything you've seen before, whether you like it or not.

The 2-Disc DVD is definately worth your money if you can find it- very insightful documentaries and two rich commentaries.