Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Watch them get caught with their pants down.

The movie didnt do too well at the box-office anyway, and if they think they can milk the few fans, they are in for a surprise. Sales will hit rock-bottom in no time.

There's no mention of the fake trailers in either package, and that will be one BIG reason, if none other.

Plus those of us who watched it at the theaters and loved it, would never buy it on separate discs.
They'll put all the good fake trailers with Death Proof (which I enjoyed but seemed to be the least impressive to most) and then adds better extras to that one while Planet Terror will be released with less exciting extras but that's ok because the fans seemed to like that one more. Just an option to watch Death Proof, Planet Terror, or both on a DVD with all the extras on the second disc is all I ask. Is that really too much? Like you said, sales will crash if they really keep to their plan.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Scares Little Kids

Just do what I did and create your own "Grindhouse" DVD box (just take the inserts out of a regular DVD and create your own from Grindhouse posters and art you can find online), download a copy, and put them in the DVD box. No way am I shelling out money for the separate films, I want Grindhouse, not Planet Terror and Death Proof.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Evil Dead

I wanted to see both these films, I really did.
When I heard they were set to get released seperately in cinemas, I thought, well ok...the movie joints probably just wanna make more cash, but still I thought I'd wait for the dvd hopefully released in the intended original format.
Now I don't get the dvd either?
What of the supposed intermissions and "fake" trailers and all those things promised when this was still an upcoming thing? Not there either I suppose.

All the same...they probably didn't have to sell out in this way if they really didn't want to. If they decide to eventually do the right thing in terms of future dvd releases, I may just check it out then...hell, I'd even pay double the cost of a standard dvd movie...til then, whatever.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Watch them get caught with their pants down.

The movie didnt do too well at the box-office anyway, and if they think they can milk the few fans, they are in for a surprise. Sales will hit rock-bottom in no time.

There's no mention of the fake trailers in either package, and that will be one BIG reason, if none other.

Plus those of us who watched it at the theaters and loved it, would never buy it on separate discs.
Damn straight....defeats the whole purpose.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Evil Dead

I didn't get to see it in theaters. I wanted to see it on DVD though, along with the fake trailers. Guess that won't be happeneing.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:54 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

:mad: FUCK :mad: I did get to see the sneak preview @ the theater, and it was amazing. For those greedy fucks The Weinsteins to release 2 Dvds is blasphemy. They are also being released on different dates. :confused:

Whatcha bet they do release THE WHOLE FILM after they release them separately. Too make more $$$$$$. :rolleyes:
Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 PM
BH14

Is there a date yet when the DVD or seperate DVDs come out?

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Well it's official.......
http://www.amazon.com/Grindhouse-Pre...7929978&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Grindhouse-Pre...7929978&sr=1-2
The good news - they're both Unrated and Extended.
The bad news - they come out a month apart. :rolleyes:
Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 AM
Magzilla

Send a message via MSN to IndustrialKitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoti View Post
well we are still waiting for the recut of kill bill into 1 volume :rolleyes:
Yes but "Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair" is coming out in december i believe if not december its january i cant remember which one. So give it a few years and combined version will come out more than likely right after you break down and buy both of them and give up holding out on a combined version. Becuase that alwasy seems to be the way it happens to me. -_-

2007 Top 13 Professional Haunted Attractions
1. Netherworld Haunted House, Atlanta, GA
2. 13th Gate, Baton Rouge, LA

Go to hauntworld for the rest we are also on the scariest haunted house commercial list!!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:45 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to XtRaVa Send a message via MSN to XtRaVa
I heard about this, its getting released as two seperate movies here in england in the cinema (if its coming to cinema). I was talking to my friend about grindhouse, saying I doubt they'd ever release it as the two movies in one go as I cant see Joe Public going to a 2 movie long show.

Sounds like it didnt do too well in cinemas in the US and its probably because people were put off. True horror fans, or fans of Tarantino etc would go, but they'd lose lots of average cinema go-ers.

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.