Old 09-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Evil Dead

Is Videodrome a horror movie?

I have a YouTube channel where I review movies.
I have a video series called Horror Movie Showcase where I review horror movies specifically.
I picked up the classic David Cronenberg movie Videodrome on blu ray. I saw it once before and thought it was very good. I'm gonna sit down and watch the movie again but this time I wanted to do a video review of it but then I realized that I wasn't sure if the movie was a horror film or not. Do I include it as a Horror Movie Showcase video or just a regular review?

Sure, it has horrific moments but could it be classed as a horror? Is it not more of a science fiction film? There's not anything in the movie that's scary. It's probably more of a psychological thriller too. But then again I'm too sure. I haven't seen the movie in years and can't quite remember it too well.

I'm not sure what genre the film falls under. So I ask you guys, the horror fans, is Videodrome a horror movie?
Old 09-08-2016, 04:28 PM
ventricle

Totally. sci-fi, thriller, horror. it's a creepy horror movie

Last edited by Sculpt; 09-08-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:40 AM
Evil Dead

what makes a horror movie?

A horror movie doesn't have to have any element of the supernatural. Think of "Psycho."

And Frankenstein, in terms of its content, is technically a science fiction movie. What makes it a horror movie is the atmosphere.

So I figure that any movie that scared the bezeesus out of you can be regarded as a horror movie.

To my friend Victor, one of the scariest scenes in movies was the scene in Terminator II where the heroine has the nightmare about her city being hit by an H-bomb.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Evil Dead

Surely VIDEODROME is supernatural therefore it is horror. What transpires in the film is only partially science based.