Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 07-07-2018, 09:08 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Is storing discs in jewel cases the best way to store them?

I have a couple of new Xbox 360 games and just like DVDs I figured out a long time ago that keeping them in their original cases isn't a good idea because the more you take the discs out and put them in the more the center plastic ring cracks and breaks over time.

I read somewhere on another forum that people were saying that the jewel cases for storing things like CDs are a great way to store discs because they don't wear out the center ring as much as a normal case and they keep the disc from scratching.

What do you guys think about this? Should I buy a pack of jewel cases for storing my games and movies?

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 07-07-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:59 AM
Evil Dead

I would consult the tarot cards before partaking of such a risky venture.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Sorry I threw my old tarot cards away the day I quit believing in psychics.

But actually I just got out 4 old CD cases from the CDs my family never use and I removed the paper boxart and put my games inside and it seems to work like a charm. It takes no effort to remove the disc from in and out of the case so now I know I don't have to worry about cracking the center of the disc.

It's definitely a better solution than paper sleeves. I tried that once before and ended up scratching my DVDs to all hell.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:48 AM
Immortal horror fan

There are some center rings that are so tight I've read of them cracking discs. I've seen slight lines in the disc plastic too. Those shouldn't be used. Others are the push button which if you push before putting the disc in, it should be ok. I don't use the paper sleeves because as you said it scratches discs.