Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
THE WORKING DEAD

Wanna Fight???

Yesterday my neighborhood witnessed an old-fashioned after school street
fight. The combatants, two teen-aged boys, were surrounded by a circle of family members, friends, and interested bystanders. The audience shouted encouragement and speculated on the possible outcome of the battle. One of the boys, who was a little older and wiser, was reluctant to fight someone who was not only smaller than him, but also didn't appear to have good sense. But the younger boy was being loudly and forcibly encouraged by his mother and friends despite his own obvious reluctance. Finally, the older boy took one step backwards and waited for the younger boy to advance. When he did, the older boy punched him exactly one time, on the forehead, directly in front of his temple. The smaller boy fell to one knee, and immediately began to cry, very loudly. The fight was over,or so it seemed, and the crowd broke up amidst chuckling and head-shaking.

But soon, the younger boy appeared in front of the older boy's house with three or four companions. They were all carrying sticks and proceeded to invite the older boy to a rematch. He declined, under the circumstances, but the group refused to leave and were soon joined by the smaller boy's mother and assorted family members. They became louder and began to hurl abuse as well as rocks at the boy's house.

The boy's father decided that he should call the police . When the officer arrived, however, he informed the father that the group was not breaking any laws by standing in the street and shouting and he should just let the kids go ahead and fight if that's what they wanted to do. In fact, he questioned the father's judgement in wasting the officer's time with such a petty problem. After the policeman left, the group continued to stand outside the house and now one of them informed the boy's father of their intention to vandalize his car at their earliest opportunity. Meanwhile, one or another of the group continued to throw the occasional rock, not only at the house but at the car as well. The father decided to stand next to his vehicle, supposedly to make sure that it wasn't damaged, but he knew he would make a tempting target. Sure enough, a small rock soon grazed his head. The man fell back dramatically and proceeded to bellow in pain like an enraged bull. This had the desired effect of scattering the surprised group and the father could now confidently inform the police that he had been assaulted in front of the many witnesses who were still gathered around to watch the drama unfold.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcutter View Post
fight. The combatants, two teen-aged boys, were surrounded by a circle of family members, friends, and interested bystanders. The audience shouted encouragement and speculated on the possible outcome of the battle. One of the boys, who was a little older and wiser, was reluctant to fight someone who was not only smaller than him, but also didn't appear to have good sense. But the younger boy was being loudly and forcibly encouraged by his mother and friends despite his own obvious reluctance. Finally, the older boy took one step backwards and waited for the younger boy to advance. When he did, the older boy punched him exactly one time, on the forehead, directly in front of his temple. The smaller boy fell to one knee, and immediately began to cry, very loudly. The fight was over,or so it seemed, and the crowd broke up amidst chuckling and head-shaking.

But soon, the younger boy appeared in front of the older boy's house with three or four companions. They were all carrying sticks and proceeded to invite the older boy to a rematch. He declined, under the circumstances, but the group refused to leave and were soon joined by the smaller boy's mother and assorted family members. They became louder and began to hurl abuse as well as rocks at the boy's house.

The boy's father decided that he should call the police . When the officer arrived, however, he informed the father that the group was not breaking any laws by standing in the street and shouting and he should just let the kids go ahead and fight if that's what they wanted to do. In fact, he questioned the father's judgement in wasting the officer's time with such a petty problem. After the policeman left, the group continued to stand outside the house and now one of them informed the boy's father of their intention to vandalize his car at their earliest opportunity. Meanwhile, one or another of the group continued to throw the occasional rock, not only at the house but at the car as well. The father decided to stand next to his vehicle, supposedly to make sure that it wasn't damaged, but he knew he would make a tempting target. Sure enough, a small rock soon grazed his head. The man fell back dramatically and proceeded to bellow in pain like an enraged bull. This had the desired effect of scattering the surprised group and the father could now confidently inform the police that he had been assaulted in front of the many witnesses who were still gathered around to watch the drama unfold.
You live and work in a drama filled environment.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Infection Form

Wink No I Most Certainly Do Not.

Where did these ridiculously backwards events take place? Wait wait, let me guess. The south or the midwest, right?

EDIT: oh I was right, you are from the south and this happened in your neighborhood. Wow.

Last edited by colubrid660; 02-07-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added content
Old 02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Evil Dead

We midwesterners rock the casbah
Old 02-07-2008, 08:16 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggysPinkTights View Post
true statement!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
I'll continue the hijacking of this thread and agree.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
HDC Resident Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by colubrid660 View Post
Where did these ridiculously backwards events take place? Wait wait, let me guess. The south or the midwest, right?

EDIT: oh I was right, you are from the south and this happened in your neighborhood. Wow.
WOW, stereotype much?? :rolleyes:

Quote:
Fuck an A, Iggy. :cool:
Old 02-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by colubrid660 View Post

Wait, and you're from NY where violence never happens right? Sure you might SAY it's worse here in Detroit or in the South but your region has its own burden to bear as well there Gordon.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:35 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcutter View Post

LOL..em thinking that maybe your neighbour must have a hell of alot of time om thier hand to actually stand there n watch all of this unfold..
where was thier vid cam when they needed it huh. ?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM
THE WORKING DEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornforgey View Post
LOL..em thinking that maybe your neighbour must have a hell of alot of time om thier hand to actually stand there n watch all of this unfold..
where was thier vid cam when they needed it huh. ?
I always wanted to have a video camera, now I'm totally inspired to finally get one. My neighbors really do seem to have alot of free time, too. After 4:00 is happy hour anyway, so they stand around outside and drink beer.