Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
Edit: I found out the name of the "Poltergeist: the Legacy" episode. It is titled "the Substitute", from season one, I cannot believe that was so hard to find, wow.

- Horrorman
Old 07-15-2010, 02:47 AM
Cranky

Can u help me with this one

From the early 2000s I think. Basically the story takes place in a modern house with an older teen(male) taking care of his younger bro. The older has a girlfriend who comes over. Theres a vicious thunderstorm outside, the power goes out and the chills begin. One distinctive thing about the movie is the TV thats on in the living room is playing the original Evil Dead. Its a reasonably good flick.

Any ideas?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Evil Dead

It could be either "Fear of the Dark" (2002) (if you remember a boy being forced to watch it) or "the Dead Next Door" (1989). The film was also featured on TV in "A Nightmare on Elm Street", but I do not think that is the movie you are talking about, because that would be very obvious.

I cannot get this clip out of my head, but I think it was from the 1999 version of "the Haunting" or "Dreamscape", it was very spooky, but that is mostly because I only remember seeing the clip once. Anyway, get ready for something very nasty, but I remember young kids yelling for help from a closet, the souls of the kids were trapped in the house, but I also remember a woman (I think) opening the door and seeing a disturbing image of the kids meshed together, I think that they were kids, but I am probably confusing two clips. Anyway, does anyone know what I am talking about? I know it sounds very scary, and I know it seems very vague, but maybe someone knows what I am talking about.

- Horrorman
Old 07-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Cranky

Talking Damn you have a good memory Horrorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorman View Post
It could be either "Fear of the Dark" (2002) (if you remember a boy being forced to watch it) or "the Dead Next Door" (1989). The film was also featured on TV in "A Nightmare on Elm Street", but I do not think that is the movie you are talking about, because that would be very obvious.

I cannot get this clip out of my head, but I think it was from the 1999 version of "the Haunting" or "Dreamscape", it was very spooky, but that is mostly because I only remember seeing the clip once. Anyway, get ready for something very nasty, but I remember young kids yelling for help from a closet, the souls of the kids were trapped in the house, but I also remember a woman (I think) opening the door and seeing a disturbing image of the kids meshed together, I think that they were kids, but I am probably confusing two clips. Anyway, does anyone know what I am talking about? I know it sounds very scary, and I know it seems very vague, but maybe someone knows what I am talking about.

- Horrorman
It was Fear of the Dark from 2002. For some reason that movie got under my skin when I saw it. It was a great setup a few genuine scares in the movie.

Sorry, it took me a while 2 get back to you. Thanks again
Old 07-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdevil View Post
It was Fear of the Dark from 2002. For some reason that movie got under my skin when I saw it. It was a great setup a few genuine scares in the movie.

Sorry, it took me a while 2 get back to you. Thanks again
No problem, I am glad I could be of help.

- Horrorman
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Little Boo

Name of this movie

I know there's a thread that says that this type of question goes there but I checked it out and it seems hella random so I'm making this one. So I saw a movie that I have no idea what year it was but it was after 1970 but before 2000. The only thing I remember is a radio that the family unplugs but it turns back on regardless and freaks them out. And also a bright light then some nuns but the nuns weren't good nuns, they were really old looking and evil. Sorry thats all I got. Hope you guys can help, I've been wondering what it was for almost 10 years now.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Hellraiser

Question Hell on earth

Hello horrorbody. I wonder if you'd be so cruel as to hell identify this movie some body or some head pasted somelair else.

The movie is 20+ years old.
From what I can remember, its kind of like a hell on earth type movie. Or Satan and his demons terrorize the earth.

The scenes that come to mind the most are:
  1. Humans are enslaved and being walked up some steps, of like a temple or pyramid and there is these executioner demons chopping peoples' heads off as they crawl up the stairs.
  2. The devil is branding people's chests with his hand.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Evil Dead

Superman1, I think the hell on earth movie sounds similar to "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", but that is obviously not it. Could it be a similar movie, probably one more horror oriented?

Slaytounge, I have no idea what movie you are trying to identify, but in the 80s horror comedy, "High Spirits". I can recall evil nuns, which float, and a possessed TV set, but it was set in an Irish castle, so I think you would know that.

Anyway, I cannot be of any more help, but I will try to think of more if anything pops up.

- Horrorman
Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Little Boo

Exclamation

Ok, i know this is going to be hard (iv been trying for a long time).

Im tying to remember the title of a horror book (do not remember name or author...obviously). i only remember reading the book in high school, around 1991, 1992 or 1993. The things i remember about the book are it was about this group of creatures (hairy, ape like) that live in the woods killing people. one scene i remember is toward the end, the group of creatures has this family trapped in a house, but some how the family kill the things. the creatures chase a person though a corn field and kill him. one of the creatures kills a chicken and masturbates (don't ask). this is all i remember, hope someone can help cause i am going friggen NUTS here.

thanks.:confusedconfusedco nfused:
Old 08-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Born To Murder The World

Need Help For The Title....

I posted this in the classics movie section with no replies yet so trying here as well. I saw a film when I was about 6 that I have been trying to find for years. The biggest thing I remember is how much it creeped me out then and would love to see it again now. I remember a woman with long hair and she had it covering one eye most of the time because there was something messed up about it. She may or may not have had a daughter with her most times, maybe I'm thinking of another movie, I dunno. I think it was set in an old mansion, and I'm thinking it was made in the 40's, but maybe as early as the 30's. Can anyone help me out with a title?

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods