Old 07-19-2018, 05:53 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
It's like the Saw series, I love the first film. It was innovative and had an amazing ending, but every sequel takes more and more away from the original and offers nothing new to fans, much like Scream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I feel the same way about Halloween, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street.
I'd agree as well, there wasn't anything new with the sequels for Scream, Saw, Halloween, Friday and Elm St, that I recall, and I agree with Morningriser, they actually took away the depth of the originals, stripping them down, making them more basic repetitions of sequences, with a possible exception being Friday 2, which I don't think was any less then Friday 1, but certainly nothing new.

I always liked that Halloween 2 started the second the original stopped, and was written by the original writers Carpenter and Hill. There could have been more story there, but Carpenter wanted to put it rest and he did.

I really hated the ending to Scream 2, I found it painful to sit through, seemed so inconsequential and belabored. The original Scream's kick was it's fun with horror troupes, along with nice horror direction. The sequel talked about sequel troupes, but didn't really envelope them into the film. It would have been tough to pull it off anyway, but I'd say they failed at it.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:05 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Yeah and I hated the annoying fat white guy with the islander accent in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:09 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Yeah and I hated the annoying fat white guy with the islander accent in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.
what did you think of I Know What You Did Last Summer?

Old 07-19-2018, 06:47 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
what did you think of I Know What You Did Last Summer?
I thought it was OK when I was a kid, but as I got older I quit liking it as much.

I mean one of the things that bugged me about the movie was that it was about four partying teenagers basically trying to get away with manslaughter and the plot led us to believe that the guy they ran over had come back to kill them off one by one. So... was I supposed to feel the least bit sorry for these kids? I kind of think they deserved it.

I did love the way they parodied the movie in Scary Movie though.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:58 PM
ventricle

Quote:
I thought it was OK when I was a kid, but as I got older I quit liking it as much.

I mean one of the things that bugged me about the movie was that it was about four partying teenagers basically trying to get away with manslaughter and the plot led us to believe that the guy they ran over had come back to kill them off one by one. So... was I supposed to feel the least bit sorry for these kids? I kind of think they deserved it.

I did love the way they parodied the movie in Scary Movie though.
Ok, thanks!, that's about what I thought. I think I saw the opening scene and I bailed, seemed clique and didn't interest me.