Old 11-15-2020, 10:03 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
SILENT HOUSE (2011). A Young girl goes to help Her father and Uncle repair a vacation home when the weird stuff begins happening. A little hard to follow, but stick with it. Not as good as it could have been (To Me anyway), but others may like it. Cannot quibble with Elizabeth Olsen's performance...her frightened reactions were pretty good and She is much more appealing than her more famous siblings (Mary-Kate and Ashley). **1/2
I remember getting into some posts here with someone because I thought this was more a horror movie for women. Basically an LMN movie. I think it was one of those movies sold as a one shot deal too.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:43 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I remember getting into some posts here with someone because I thought this was more a horror movie for women. Basically an LMN movie. I think it was one of those movies sold as a one shot deal too.
Is this any different from the original La casa Muda?

Last edited by Ringo; 11-16-2020 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Nostalgia nerd

[IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com

Last edited by Amaltheaunicorn2020; 11-19-2020 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:19 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Is this any different from the original La casa Muda?
Seems like they changed up a few story elements going by wiki. But I never saw the original or inspired movie and never will.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:55 AM
Nostalgia nerd

[IMG]https://i.ytim

Last edited by Amaltheaunicorn2020; 11-20-2020 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:59 PM
Evil Dead

HEARTBREAKERS (2001). OK comedy about a Mother/Daughter Con act...The Mother marries a Guy and the Daughter helps to break things up and get a Big settlement. Not great, but certainly worth seeing. Sigourney Weaver is always good, Jennifer Love Hewitt appealing, Gene Hackman and Ray Liotta are both funny (although Gene's character is totally revolting) and a nifty cameo by Anne Bancroft. ***
Old 11-20-2020, 01:53 AM
No, fuck YOU

Fatman 7/10

A story about an evil rich boy who hires a hitman to take down Santa, because why not.

I really liked the 3 main characters, the boy, the hitman and Santa, which might be the reason it took me so long to realize, wow, this build-up has lasted more than 3/4 of the movie which leaves for 15 minutes of action in the end. That sucks.

The long build-up would've been fine if the movie had been half an hour longer. Also I could have done without most of the scenes with mrs Santa (or who the hell she was). Those 15-20 minutes would have been better spend at the final showdown.

A thing I found both ridiculous and hilarious at the same time was the hitmans' reaction when he got the task. Santa Clause? I'm on it.

This might have been a good christmas flick if it actually took place around christmas, but oddly enough most of the movie takes place in january. Opportunity missed.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Evil Dead

Finally got around to watching Cold Prey and it did not disappoint. A highly enjoyable slasher if I may say so.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:41 PM
Nostalgia nerd

The Star 2017
Old 11-20-2020, 04:43 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Fatman 7/10

A story about an evil rich boy who hires a hitman to take down Santa, because why not.

I really liked the 3 main characters, the boy, the hitman and Santa, which might be the reason it took me so long to realize, wow, this build-up has lasted more than 3/4 of the movie which leaves for 15 minutes of action in the end. That sucks.

The long build-up would've been fine if the movie had been half an hour longer. Also I could have done without most of the scenes with mrs Santa (or who the hell she was). Those 15-20 minutes would have been better spend at the final showdown.

A thing I found both ridiculous and hilarious at the same time was the hitmans' reaction when he got the task. Santa Clause? I'm on it.

This might have been a good christmas flick if it actually took place around christmas, but oddly enough most of the movie takes place in january. Opportunity missed.
"A story about an evil rich boy who hires a hitman to take down Santa, because why not." LOL! I love the concept. 7/10 from you... I might have a to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltheaunicorn2020 View Post

The Star 2017
Dem's fighting GIFs around here, Amaltheaunicorn! I'm gonna punch the hole our your mouf!!!

Tags
movie