Old 01-19-2017, 06:28 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDreamWarrior View Post
Thank you for quoting Carly Simon in your signature. You are officially awesome. I will watch Motel Hell, hopefully, tomorrow when my spouse is away. I'm looking forward to finally sitting down to watch it.
Oh hecks noes!!! Don't watch Motel Hell without your spouse!!! It's meant to be viewed by couples!

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Oh hecks noes!!! Don't watch Motel Hell without your spouse!!! It's meant to be viewed by couples!
Sculpt is correct....this movie is made for couples. Something to experience together and after it is over have a long discussion about over a fine bottle of wine or perhaps a fine cognac.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:27 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Sculpt is correct....this movie is made for couples. Something to experience together and after it is over have a long discussion about over a fine bottle of wine or perhaps a fine cognac.
It's a friskie affair.

And I say, besides Motel Hell, there's no better way to enjoy cognac and a cigar than with a game of chess.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's a friskie affair.

And I say, besides Motel Hell, there's no better way to enjoy cognac and a cigar than with a game of chess.
That or strip canasta.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Evil Dead

To enjoy it best with your Spouse, have LOTS of meaty munchies! It is a fun little film with just enough tastelessness to bring it up above average film.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Quote:
It's a friskie affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
To enjoy it best with your Spouse, have LOTS of meaty munchies! It is a fun little film with just enough tastelessness to bring it up above average film.
Alas, I've asked my spouse to watch Motel Hell with me, but they claim that every horror movie I want to watch with them is dreadful. I guess I feel the same way about most of what they like. They are really big into Neon Genesis Evangelion and Sailor Moon, which I like too, but they'll watch other animes that are bizarre and make absolutely no sense.

My spouse is also a big Marvel Comics fan. Marvel doesn't hold a candle to DC's superheroes, in my opinion. They also love WWE and professional wrestling which makes me scratch my head at times. Most of professional wrestling seems trivial and shallow to me, but I guess the same could be said about the horror genre, as well.
"Fool: Well I don't want in, I want out.
Alice: Sometimes 'in' is out." - Wes Craven, People Under the Stairs
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ultimate Dream Warrior
Old 01-21-2017, 06:56 AM
Jason's Shack

I've watched this 2 or 3 times hoping that I would like it more but it just doesnt do it for me. There are some amazing aspects and sequences in the film. The "plants", pig head, screwy family dynamic etc. but on a whole it kind of misses. Scream factory has a good release of it.

Recent Movie Watches
Back to the Future 3 7/10
Predator 9/10
Terminator 5 7/10
Old 01-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddallthingshorror View Post
I've watched this 2 or 3 times hoping that I would like it more but it just doesnt do it for me. There are some amazing aspects and sequences in the film. The "plants", pig head, screwy family dynamic etc. but on a whole it kind of misses. Scream factory has a good release of it.
Gotta agree with Todd. I enjoy things about the movie more than the film as a whole. I like the pig guy with the Chainsaw and some of the campy dialogue. The performances are entertaining enough but the movie never rises above just kind of decent to me.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddallthingshorror View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Gotta agree with Todd. I enjoy things about the movie more than the film as a whole. I like the pig guy with the Chainsaw and some of the campy dialogue. The performances are entertaining enough but the movie never rises above just kind of decent to me.
I watched Motel Hell last night and I have to agree with Repo'd and Toddallthingshorror. For me, it's good but it could have been better. It ends way too abruptly and I didn't like the characters Sheriff Bruce Smith or Terry. Nancy Parson and Rory Calhoun were great in the roles of Vincent and Ida Smith. I know Motel Hell is a dark comedy, but it felt like a lot of it was contrived. There was good humor in the movie and it was played dry (which I liked), as opposed to Scream Queens, which can be outrageous (but still funny).
"Fool: Well I don't want in, I want out.
Alice: Sometimes 'in' is out." - Wes Craven, People Under the Stairs
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ultimate Dream Warrior
Old 01-22-2017, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDreamWarrior View Post
I watched Motel Hell last night and I have to agree with Repo'd and Toddallthingshorror. For me, it's good but it could have been better. It ends way too abruptly and I didn't like the characters Sheriff Bruce Smith or Terry. Nancy Parson and Rory Calhoun were great in the roles of Vincent and Ida Smith. I know Motel Hell is a dark comedy, but it felt like a lot of it was contrived. There was good humor in the movie and it was played dry (which I liked), as opposed to Scream Queens, which can be outrageous (but still funny).
And there you go....watched it and have a very valid opinion. That's what this forum is all about.

Tags
80s, dark comedy, retro, slasher movies, slasherfilm