Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-07-2020, 12:55 AM
Immortal horror fan

1. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

I really need to get into the The Exorcist series. But Halloween 3 is too much of a classic for me.

2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

I'm probably one of the few that isn't crazy about the original Friday the 13th. In fact, I don't own it and prefer Part 2. That has the flashback and the beginning anyway. Elm Street actually scared me when I was a kid. It's a far better movie than Friday the 13th.

3. No Vote

I still haven't seen Dawn of the Dead. And I thought Get Out was overhyped.

4. Psycho (1960)

Classic Hitchcock. Although I haven't seen Eyes Without A Face but I want to soon.

5. Candyman (1992)

I haven't seen Candyman in a while. I'll probably do a double feature with the original and remake. But I remember not liking The Fly that much.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:06 AM
No, fuck YOU

Wow, I'm really surprised about the popularity of Halloween 3. It's my personal Halloween favorite, so I can't complain.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:19 AM
Hellraiser

1. Insidious (2010)

2. Evil Dead II (1987)

3. Halloween (1978)

4. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) (nice theme regarding both film’s creation)

5. The Evil Dead (1981)

1. The Exorcist (1973)

3. Dawn of the Dead (1978) (Get Out was like an over long twilight zone episode without the character development that you’d expect from the run time. Go figure.)

4. Eyes Without A Face (1959)

5. Candyman (1992)

Last edited by SpookyEli; 11-07-2020 at 04:25 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:52 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Anyone on the forum is welcome to vote and comment. Comments and appeals for films are welcome!

It's your option to not vote on every film battle, if unsure, haven't seen them, whatever reason...

Round 2 Group B:

1. The Exorcist (1973) -- Vs -- Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

2. Friday the 13th (1980) -- Vs -- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

3. Dawn of the Dead (1978) -- Vs -- Get Out (2017)

4. Eyes Without A Face (1959) -- Vs -- Psycho (1960)

5. The Fly (1986) -- Vs -- Candyman (1992)

Exorcist
Friday 13th
Dawn of the Dead
Psycho
Candyman
Old 11-07-2020, 09:02 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

1. The Exorcist (1973)
3. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
4. Psycho (1960)
5. The Fly (1986)
Old 11-07-2020, 12:39 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

I haven't got into the Insidious series. I know I watched the first one. Perhaps reviewed it here. But I vaguely remember being disappointed by the last parts of the movie. Body Snatchers is one of those classic old school sci-fi horror movies.

2. The Autopsy of Jane Doe

Very difficult choice. My favorite Evil Dead movie is Army of Darkness. And the TV show is great. The Autopsy of Jane Doe is a horror film everyone should check out going in blank. It was recommended to me by people here. I never would have watched it.

3. Halloween (1978)

I love Japanese horror but I have to vote for the classic.

4. Hellraiser (1987)

I'm not the biggest fan of the Texas Chainsaw series. But Hellraiser is one of those must see movies.

5. No vote

I haven't seen Carnival of Souls yet but heard it's something I need to see. So I don't want to vote on this one. Especially since Army of Darkness is my favorite Evil Dead.
Yes! In the last 6 years of so, of the many horror films on this list that I saw for the 2nd time, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) impressed me the most. I was really riveted, and had forgotten how good it was. A lot of other films seemed a bit more unstimulating... like Dr Jekyll 1931, Eyes Without a Face, Changeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
1. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

I really need to get into the The Exorcist series. But Halloween 3 is too much of a classic for me.

I'm probably one of the few that isn't crazy about the original Friday the 13th. In fact, I don't own it and prefer Part 2. That has the flashback and the beginning anyway. Elm Street actually scared me when I was a kid. It's a far better movie than Friday the 13th.

3. No Vote

I still haven't seen Dawn of the Dead. And I thought Get Out was overhyped.

4. Psycho (1960)

Classic Hitchcock. Although I haven't seen Eyes Without A Face but I want to soon.

5. Candyman (1992)

I haven't seen Candyman in a while. I'll probably do a double feature with the original and remake. But I remember not liking The Fly that much.
Just making sure here... you keep mentioning "Series"... you know we're just voting on the one film specified, not the series, right? OK, just checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Wow, I'm really surprised about the popularity of Halloween 3. It's my personal Halloween favorite, so I can't complain.
Yeah, I'm surprised too, it was a cool film, it's personal preference, but hadn't stuck me to be quite as horrific good as Exorcist.

The popularity of a lot of these films is surprising me, like Carnival of Souls, Insidious, Autopsy of Jane Doe... that is in comparison to the films they are being compared to. I thought Carnival was cool, though I think Jacob's Ladder did the theme better. It's interesting that some of the known Evil Dead lovers are going with Carnival.

I'm a James Wan fan, and enjoyed Insidious, but personally didn't find it as wrenching as Body Snatchers. I thought Jane Doe was made well, but thought it was fairly commonplace, I mean especially compared to Evil Dead II. The visceral Candyman is a good competitor to The Fly... for me, Fly was riveting nonstop entertainment, loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyEli View Post
3. Dawn of the Dead (1978) (Get Out was like an over long twilight zone episode without the character development that you’d expect from the run time. Go figure.)
Of the newer films, I thought Get Out was both excellent and original. Not surprised it's making a good showing.

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-07-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:24 PM
Evil Dead

Round 2 Group B:

1. The Exorcist (1973)

A kill your darlings nostalgia choice. I'll go with Freddy this time, but could go either way.

3. Dawn of the Dead (1978)

4. Psycho (1960)

5. The Fly
Tony Todd is awesome, but I'll go with Goldblum.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:25 PM
Hellraiser

Of the newer films, I thought Get Out was both excellent and original. Not surprised it's making a good showing.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it’s original all right, and excellent, but so is the shining, and I find that intolerable too. It’s not really a snub.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:26 PM
No, fuck YOU

It's a good tournament, Sculpt. Both fun, interesting and enlightening.

Hope you make a sequel with all the movies in this tournament not being an option.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:10 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Supposedly people are just coming around to liking Halloween 3. At least that's what I read on a few horror forums and horror sites. Because it was so different and didn't have Myers. But I thought that was the best part. I always thought it was crazy good since I originally saw it either on TV or VHS back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Yes! In the last 6 years of so, of the many horror films on this list that I saw for the 2nd time, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) impressed me the most. I was really riveted, and had forgotten how good it was. A lot of other films seemed a bit more unstimulating... like Dr Jekyll 1931, Eyes Without a Face, Changeling.

Just making sure here... you keep mentioning "Series"... you know we're just voting on the one film specified, not the series, right? OK, just checking.
I know. I was just talking series as something I need to start getting into. Or something I don't like that much in talking about Texas Chainsaw. But I know we are talking individual movies.

Body Snatchers is awesome though. Old school horror. There is something about the older horror movies. Maybe because I grew up watching Twilight Zone and the Universal Monsters.