Old 09-19-2017, 07:49 PM
TELL IT TO CALL U BILLIE

First time post...not sure it was mentioned yet but Twins of Evil is definitely one of my favs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069427/
Old 05-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Evil Dead

the best of Hammer

I grew up in the 1960s, so I saw some hammer films in the movie theater, like Dracula has risen from the grave. Then around 1980 I saw Horror of Dracula in a theater that was doing a revival.
Remember Lust for a Vampire? It's a terrible movie, but I found the ad for it very...stimulating...when I was 14. The big question about it is: The basic idea of the movie is "Lesbian vampire in a girl's boarding school." Why is there a man in it? The makers of the movie seem very conflicted about the subject of lesbianism.
I used to use this movie as video wallpaper. I mean, I would have the VHS playing with the sound turned down. I knew that whenever I looked up from the book I was reading, I would see either pretty scenery or a girl in a low cut dress.

You could get away with more eroticism in those days if it was a horror movie. When I saw The Snake People on late night tv, the dream sequence was the first time I saw two women in a passionate kiss on tv.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Evil Dead

film frauds

I hate it when they give a horror movie a new title on DVD so you think you are getting a new movie. I bought "Dracula and his vampire brides" and it was nothing but The satanic rites of Dracula, probably the worst of the Hammer Dracula films.
When the heroine was being attacked by all those vampire women, and the heroes burst in to save her, I was so disappointed.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:24 AM
Evil Dead

It's not a joke

This is a real movie from the 1970s, and not a parody: Dracula's Dog.
That reminds me of the movie that brought to an end the long cycle of giant animal movies that began with Them in the 1950: Night of the Lepus.
Giant killer bunny rabbits. To try to make them look scary, there was a lot of slow motion to make the rabbits look giant, and close-ups of the rabbits sharpening their incisors.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:26 AM
Evil Dead

It's at the library

I wonder why my local public library has a copy of 7 fingers of Dr. Lao, starring Tony Randall? It's such a strange movie.
I read the book the movie was taken from, The Circus of Dr. Lao. It was excellent, but also very weird.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:33 AM
Evil Dead

getting movies mixed up

I was going to post Is Die die my darling really a hammer film? I
saw it on TV a long time ago, and the only scene I remember is the
guy playing the piano.
Then I realized that I was mixing it up with Hush hush sweet Charlotte.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:17 AM
Evil Dead

My favorite Hammer film

My favorite of the Quatermass movies was Quatermass and the pit. I am almost tempted to go over to Best Video and rent the original British miniseries, which I think is six hours long.
Was "Hob" really a name for the devil?
Old 05-21-2018, 08:20 AM
Evil Dead

hammer films

I'll bet Christopher Lee was the only actor to have played both Sherlock Holmes and the villain in Hound of the Baskervilles.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:58 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
I'll bet Christopher Lee was the only actor to have played both Sherlock Holmes and the villain in Hound of the Baskervilles.
He plays a large Dog?

He is also probably the only actor to play both Sherlock and his brother Mycroft.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:03 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
That is interesting. I see Lee played Holmes in Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace
1962, a film I'm sure I haven't seen.

When did Lee play the villain in Hound? In the Hammer film 1959, he played Sir Charles Baskerville, the home owner and target of the villain in the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
He plays a large Dog?

He is also probably the only actor to play both Sherlock and his brother Mycroft.
LOL! Maybe he did play the hound too.