Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
FerretChupdate

I must warn you, this is probably going to be fairly self indulgent. Still, mercifully not so much as my woefully ill-fated attempted at Vlogging circa 2008.

Alas, I have no wonderful news of conception, so Cheebs wins on the update front. However, I have been similarly absent for the better part of 2 or 3 years. In fact, I'd guess that of my 10,300 or so posts, less than 300 have been since 2010.

Strange to think that when I first joined this forum I was THIS chirpy looking twelve year old

and have gradually become this frightfully flamboyant chap. Still yet to turn 20, but I like to think there's been some maturation in that time.
[IMG][/IMG]

And let's not even talk about what came in between!

I SAID DON'T TALK ABOUT IT!

So, where was I and where am I now? That 12 year old wanted to be a Drama Teacher, though over time thoughts of English Teaching, Marine Biology and Journalism came to mind. However, a variety of circumstances eventually led to me starting my Bachelors Degree in Film Studies at the University of Warwick (central England, near Birmingham).

For those of you interested, the course itself is very theory based - in my first year we covered the basics of academic film criticism and a broad History of film, as well as areas of TV, Avant-Gardism and a whole heap of different theoretical readings. I tell you - Saussure can go suck a lemon.

HOWEVER, I found that the location of Warwick Campus in the fairly rural Midlands of England just wasn't working for me, and so transferred to King's College London - a fortunately equally prestigious institution. Here in my second year things are getting a little more specific. Currently I'm focusing a lot on National cinemas - Hollywood, Chinese and British, although I'm also doing a module in Documentary Cinema (THERE IS NO TRUTH! STUART HALL WAS RIGHT. MY LIFE IS A LIE!)

But rest assured, my view of the future is very much aimed in the practical areas. In fact, my ultimate ambition of being a Screenwriter is very much a product of my time here. Folks may recall my string of "screenplays" from years gone by. Though terribly structured, formatted and featuring ensemble casts even Joss Whedon would call excessive, I loved making them so much I carried on. I've since written 2 feature length screenplays and a few short films. Though I've not found the time to make them yet, a few friends of mine are establishing a small production group. With my interests on the page more than behind the camera, I might hand over a few scripts to them to bring to life, so stay posted.

On that note, if any of you are interested in a MOVING BREATHING TALKING Ferretchucker (really guys, you can just call me Gabriel now ;) ) then by all means, take a look here at some making-of footage of one such production I acted in. (skip to 6:10)

Being in London has certainly been a breath of fresh air, especially for my film interests. With the BFI on the doorstep and the largest film library in Europe at my disposal I am certainly not wanting. Not to mention events like the London Film Festival - those of you who have me on facebook may have seen that I was lucky enough to procure tickets to Kill Your Darlings. Daniel Radcliffe may be a tad annoying, but walking within feet of him down the Red Carpet in Leicester Square was a beautiful taste of what I hope becomes a trend in my life.

Besides that? Well, in less than one week I celebrate my 2 year anniversary with this wonderful fellow. It's still early days yet in the grand scheme of things, but still, I'm a very happy Stoatthrower.

I warned you this was self indulgent. I'm sure time have changed and many of the now regulars don't even really know who I am, but hopefully there are those who are still interested. I know I promise it a lot, but I really will try to be a more frequent attendee on this fine site!

Thanks for your time!

The Ferrets like it...

Last edited by ferretchucker; 10-22-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Midnight toker

Nice to see things are going good for you. :cool:
Old 10-23-2013, 03:51 AM
HDC's old chick

Nice to see you posting again! I, for one, missed you! Glad things are going so well!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Muchos appreciados, guys ;) I'm really really REALLY honestly committed to it this time :P

The Ferrets like it...
Old 10-24-2013, 04:42 AM
That fucking Guy...

Hey man, howsit?
Any news is good news eh.
Funny didn't know you more or less jumped ship here too.
It happens, aint a thing.

Good to know you got a solid relationship going on, at your age, couple of years is a pretty good thing - trust me on this, I'm where I am now after meeting someone when I was around your age.
He's got nice eyes, I'd probably hit it, if that was my inclination.

Hope all's well, and I guess I might run into you here'n there.

- B.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Evil is Better

Good to see you're doing well Ferret. Hope to see you around more often

Old 10-24-2013, 02:18 PM
ventricle

Howdy, Ferretchucker! I'm not 'still interested', as I'm new since your last visit, but I'm newly happy to hear you're doing well! Hope you post often. By the way, what is 'Stoatthrower', I'm not familiar with that term? I see a stoat is a weasel, and your user name is ferretchucker, but wonder if there's a wider reference.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Evil Puppy

Good stuff man, glad to hear things are going well!
Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Gabe, you annoying thing you.

I'm glad to hear all is well with you. Good luck in your new endeavors!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Howdy, Ferretchucker! I'm not 'still interested', as I'm new since your last visit, but I'm newly happy to hear you're doing well! Hope you post often. By the way, what is 'Stoatthrower', I'm not familiar with that term? I see a stoat is a weasel, and your user name is ferretchucker, but wonder if there's a wider reference.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff