Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Woman Cursed By "Evil Spell"

Stones 'Follow' Woman

Thohoyandou - A Limpopo woman says she is being plagued by a hail of stones that follows her wherever she stays.

Miyi Shongi, 58, was kicked out of Lombani village by her terrified family and neighbours three weeks ago and moved in with relatives in Nhombelani village, 30km away near Malamulele, but the rain of stones followed her there too.

"I thought I would be safe there," she said at the time, "but the stones followed me and embarrassed me".

She believes a Zimbabwean trader has cast an evil spell on her, because she'd failed to pay for clothing she'd bought from the trader on credit.

When the problem first began in Lombani, her family called the police for help.

Stones 'Fell Like Rain'

"We were there for nearly the whole night and saw stones falling from the sky like rain," said Vhembe police spokesperson Ailwei Mushavhanamadi.

"We went around the area to make sure someone wasn't throwing stones on the roof on purpose, but we didn't find anyone."

Police then advised the family to consult with spirit mediums about the phenomenon.

"Maybe if the family contacts someone who deals with evil spirits, like a pastor, the problem will stop," he said.

But Shongi's family booted her out, so she went to her in-laws in Nhombelani, but, two days later, the stones began falling again.

Hissing Sound

"We were shocked to hear a hissing sound and the sound of stones falling on our roof. Some got inside, even though all the windows were closed," said her mother-in-law Mthavini Shilaluke.

She and her husband, Mbhazima, rushed to Shongi's room where they found her packing clothes and trying to hide some of the stones in a bag in apparent embarrassment.

"When we asked her what was happening, all she said was that it had started again," said Mbhazima.

They claim that stones then suddenly started falling on them inside the room and they dove for cover, screaming.

They ran outside and were met by a worried neighbour, Mamaila Baloyi, who says an errant stone hit her on the cheek.

Sangoma

Shongi explained to them about the Zimbabwean trader and has since disappeared.

Limpopo sangoma Dr Eric "Hlatikhulu" Ngobeni said such spells were possible and advised the family to consult a powerful sangoma to break it.

He also advised that Shongi should find the trader, apologise and pay her for the clothes.

Head of Bethesda Christian Church in Malamulele, Dr Elijah Mtileni blames demonic spirits for the phenomenon, and says only someone blessed with the Holy Spirit of God could solve Shongi's problem.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be