Old 02-17-2007, 11:22 AM
kaseykolak

Cool 2007 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival

Listed among the top 100 most popular film festivals in the world, the 6th annual Great Lakes Independent Film Festival has officially opened its Call for Entries and will accept submissions internationally of independently produced feature length and short length films and scripts in the genres of documentary, horror, experimental, Religious/Spiritual, animation, and all genre of music videos and Gay/Lesbian for the 2007 festival, September 26th Thru September 30th, in Erie, Pennsylvania at the Roadhouse Theatre for Contemporary Art. We shall accept all ranges of music videos, along with entries of short and feature length screenplays, stage plays, and teleplays of all genres and niches.

The 2007 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival will accept all forms of religious, Christian, and spiritual films including African, African American, Gay/Lesbian, Black, Hispanic, Islamic, Latino, Native/Aboriginal and student films from the United States and around the world.

The Great Lakes Independent Film Festival horror categories for scripts and films will include Horror, Thrillers, Science Fiction, Suspense, Grindhouse Horror, Horror Documentary, Horror Animation, and student films and scripts.
Great Lakes Film Festival Scriptwriting Competition has officially opened its Call for Entries and will accept submissions internationally of short and feature length screenplays, stage plays, and teleplays of all genres and niches including documentary, horror, experimental, Religious/Spiritual, animation and Gay/Lesbian for the 2007 competition.

Prizes for the winning script will include cash award of $500.00, 2 complete passes for the 2007 Great Lakes Film Festival, and 2 night’s accommodations for the winner and a guest at the 2007 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival, where the winner will be honored on award’s night. The winning script will be forwarded to agents and industry professionals for consideration.
If there is anything as universal as the ageless storytelling of motion pictures, it’s the music that makes up life’s soundtrack.

The 2007 Great Lakes Independent Film Festival shall accept music videos from around the world of cross continent and cross-genre productions. We shall accept music videos of all ranges from pop, punk, rock, alt-country, country-western, folk, reggae, hip-hop to electronica, jazz, blues, Zydeco, industrial, gothic, karaoke, avant-garde, world music, and experimental.

All entries must be postmarked no later than July 10, 2007.
Winner will be announced no later than August 4, 2007

For more information, fees, deadlines, and entry forms please visit our website www.greatlakesfilmfest.com
Old 02-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Author

Thanks for sharing! Wow--I've lived in Michigan almost my whole life and have never heard of this event before.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror_Writer View Post
Thanks for sharing! Wow--I've lived in Michigan almost my whole life and have never heard of this event before.

Same here, I got to wondering why and found this.

Quote:
The Great Lakes Film Festival will take place every fall in the great city of Erie, PA at The Roadhouse Theatre.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Author

Pennsylvania? What's up with that?
Old 03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horror_Writer View Post
Pennsylvania? What's up with that?
Wish I knew...
When you say Great LakeS you usually mean MI but not them. :p
Although a drive to Marquette might take just as long as one to PA heh.