Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Evil Dead

Spiderman - Maximum Carnage 1-14 and Hobgoblin Lives, the classics I grew up on.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Evil Dead

Planetary, Vol. 4
Pluto, vol. 8

Sam

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Little Boo

The Chainsaw Penguin - horror cartoon

Here is The Chainsaw Penguin: it's an animated short horror in true comic style!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Fables Vol. 3
Old 05-02-2010, 09:43 PM
That fucking Guy...

Terminator 2029 #1 & #2
Best Terminator comic I've read in a fair while...interesting, unexpected twists, good dialogue, great art.
I'd reco it to the fans of the franchise.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
HDC Idol

Read:
  • Kick-Ass! by Mark Millar - Fun, quick read with bitching graphics. Really want to see the movie, though am not a huge fan of casting Nick Cage as Big Daddy.
  • Karney by Bryan Johnson - In this case, K is for Krap. Base. Gross. Unnecessary. Uninspired. Lame.
  • No Hero by Warren Ellis - Loved it. Great artwork and fantastic story. My only complaint is that I think it could have been twice as long; it would have been stronger with some flashbacks and origin stories. Regardless, great stuff.
  • Like a Velvel Glove Cast in Iron by Daniel Clowes - At first I was unimpressed by the bizarro absurdity, but taking in context, once considering it was written in 1989, I appreciated the book much, much more. David Boring turned me off Clowes, but I loved Like a Velvet Glove. An absurd journey of Lynch proportions. Weird and fantastic. And great art.
  • El Borbah by Charles Burns - Lots of fun. Noir homage with a Mexican wrestler as your private dick.
  • Transmetropolitan vol. 1 by Warren Ellis - Fantastic comic about a dystopic cyber punk future. Plus our hero, Spider Jerusalem, reminds me of our Ferox with his tats.

Currently reading:
  • Transmetropolitan vol. 2 by Warren Ellis. Good stuff.

Can't get enough of comics and graphic novels right now. If you have any recommendations, please send them to me.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Can't get enough of comics and graphic novels right now. If you have any recommendations, please send them to me.
Have you read Ex Machina?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Great comic, and if you like it you might like Vaughan's Y the Last Man, about a guy who somehow doesn't catch a virus that kills all the men on earth.

Fables is also very good. I zip through them so fast because they are so well written. This one is about all the characters from fairy tales being forced to live in New York. It's also kinda written for girls I think. A lot of strong female characters who don't always need saving.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:35 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
No - I shall put that on my Amazon wish list (I've started to budget a certain amount of money each pay period to buy comics now). WOW the graphics look fantastic on this one. Have you read No Hero? Reminds me of that a bit. Thanks for the rec - I think I'll like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
Great comic, and if you like it you might like Vaughan's Y the Last Man, about a guy who somehow doesn't catch a virus that kills all the men on earth.

Fables is also very good. I zip through them so fast because they are so well written. This one is about all the characters from fairy tales being forced to live in New York. It's also kinda written for girls I think. A lot of strong female characters who don't always need saving.
Forgot to mention Y the Last Man - I read Vol. 1 and thought it was OK, but wasn't really impressed. I found the characters 1-dimensional and kinda silly. Plus I wasn't a huge fan in terms of how the women were written. The measure of how I felt about that comic: I took a TON of books with me on vacation to Puerto Rico. The books I didn't like, I left there. I left Y the Last Man there. heh.

I saw Fables in Newbury Comics the other day and was tempted to buy it, but wasn't quite sure - I trust your opinion; if I can find it used on Amazon, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the rec.

Finished Transmetropolitan Vol. 2 last night... WOW this comic is fantastic. What a blast - Great character and, quite frankly, I looooooooooooove the political and scifi outrage. It's really refreshing. I need need neeeeeeeeeeed to order the next volumes........

Join my Facebook Horror Group!

Last edited by ChronoGrl; 05-06-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
You'll probably enjoy Fables. I recommend an interlibrary loan instead of a purchase of volume 1, however. It doesn't start off as strong as it could. Later volumes however, are better stuff.