Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Good way or bad way...it's a poor piece of crap. I hate it.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:33 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Halloween II (2009)

It already happened with Paranormal Activity and now Halloween 2! The thing is here lately the dvd of both the films came with non-theatrical ending! PA released here with the "Original ending" and few days back H2 hits the dvd store with alternate ending only. Thanks to blood-disgusting.com for notifying that the version I saw last night wasn't the original one which most of you have seen in the theater. And then thanks to youtube, where I just finally saw the theatrical one.

Anyway, I liked both the ending but I think alternate was the better one. **Spoilers about the alternate ending**During the film's finale outside the shade, Micheal Myers tears his mask off revealing his entire face (beard and all). He screams & says his first word of his entire adulthood to Dr. Loomis, "Die!" before he stabs Dr. Loomis. Then police shot him down and Angel Myers came out & made an attempt to stab Dr. Loomis by herself but she got shot too and in background a slow & fine version of LOVE HURTS starts. The rest are the same like in the theatrical one.**Spoilers end**.

Now, though I have said it before but like to repeat it here...years back just after the moment it was declared that Rob Zombie going to be the director of the remake of HALLOWEEN then I think every reasonable, thoughtful & open minded horror fans accepted the fact that this is going to be totally different treat than whatever they got from other sequel directors of original series and specially going to have some different approaches in many aspects than Carpenter version either in good or bad way. So when the director of the macabre violent films like House of 1000 Corpses & The Devil's Rejects takes this kinda project into his own hand then eventually he/she supposed to fail most of the “expectations” in a great deal of disrespect. And I said before that as a remake that was unnecessary but as a RZ film..it’s a masterpiece! But after seeing the remake again lately and H2 last night, I think Zombie did his best within his caliber & regarding his ways of making a film. I like to appreciate his own efforts & thoughts for the Michael Myers Legacy and the way he put it all together in. Though it’s flawed, it was sad & difficult to see that screwed portrayal of Dr. Loomis character and nevertheless it’s almost an exact 2 hour long feature (!), but it’s gorgeously gruesome, nasty in a cool way and darkly a long awaited dream for hardcore slasher fans.

>>: B

Halloween: Resurrection (2002)

haven't seen it before.

>>: D

Last edited by roshiq; 12-14-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:37 AM
That fucking Guy...

Zombies Halloween 2.
Pretty decent though I found the end a tad confusing in what it was trying to symbolise. I like the opposite about this than I liked about the first one.
In the first, I loved the scenes where Myers was growing up/instituionalised but from the point he broke out I found it rather generic and boring.
In this one I felt the "young Myers" scenes weren't as good (nor was the kid), yet the present-time scenes were great.

Probably overall my favourite film by RZ...which isn't hard IMO, but all the same.

Pandorum - I REALLY thought I'd like this, I REALLY wanted to like it. I do not.
I won't even finish watching it, I think it's a completely crap film.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
In the first, I loved the scenes where Myers was growing up/instituionalised....
In this one I felt the "young Myers" scenes weren't as good (nor was the kid), yet the present-time scenes were great.
Ditto.

Btw, I found really sweet that "Are you a Giant?" scene, though I was expecting Michael would kick him off!:D
Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 AM
That fucking Guy...

Yeah I thought that was cool - though I expected it to go the way he did...little clown kid and all.
But yeah overall this rates higher than the first one did for me...just too bad they didn't get what they nailed in the first one so well.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I thought it was weird that Loomis was a totally different character than the first film...

Was there a reason for this?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Pretty solid german thriller about people getting killed for their tattoos..

Old 12-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Bad Natured

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Dug out a somewhat unsung one for my first watch...

Dont let that cover fool you. This film is one of the most difficult films you will ever watch in your life. It is so brutal, unflinching and hard-hitting that you will have a difficult time bringing yourself back to the screen to continue watching it. The direction, performances and pacing are absolutely top-notch. This one ranks up there with one of the best ever made.

Beware though, it will rub a lot of people the wrong way. If you have a pretty open mind, be sure to watch this. And yeah, forget about re-watching this one, cuz you will be reeling under the invisible sledgehammer this one will deliver to your stomach and brains, long after the end credits are over.

Tossing a big rec for this, only for those who are totally open-minded about their cinema. If you are sensitive, please skip this.
Now that was a brilliant sales pitch. i'm hooked.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I thought it was weird that Loomis was a totally different character than the first film...

Was there a reason for this?
He did go through a lot in the original and became a bit of a prick in the sequel, I can understand it, I also forgive it since he became his old self again toward the end.

Quote:
I found the end a tad confusing in what it was trying to symbolise.
Which ending did you have? I think the endings both had different meanings even though they're both the same exact scenes. In the theatrical version I think it was supposed to show that Laurie's snapped and she's as crazy as Michael now, haunted by a vision of their mother. In the Director's Cut I interpreted it as symbolizing Laurie's afterlife where she's together with her family because of Deborah mentioning the line about going home. I'm not sure why Michael wasn't in the shot in this case, though I assume it's because Zombie knew that wouldn't be the ending and didn't bother to shoot it.

As for the white horse, the introduction says "WHITE HORSE- linked to instinct, purity and drive for the physical body to release powerful and emotional forces, like rage with ensuing chaos and destruction." I think that's what was for Michael as well as Laurie in the theatrical version, but for Laurie in the Director's Cut ending I think it symbolized death, as Death, the fourth horseman rides a pale horse.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

finally got round to watching ratman