Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies

Old 11-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Wait.....To Kill a Mockingbird isn't horror is it? You guys got me hella confused, I thought it was about a black man on trial in the south way back in the 50's
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Cranky

Fits the description though.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-02-2007, 09:12 PM
allenx1966

nope.not it

to kill a mockingbird was a great movie,i just watched it for the first time,but its not the movie i was thinking of. i wish i could remember more or have a better description. the movie im thinking about is probably a bit older and not as polished as to kill a mockingbird. the movie im talking about had several kids dressed up for halloween, and there was a graveyard seen that was really scary. also,i came to the horror fourum because i believe it is a horror movie, to kill a mockingbird is not what i would really call a horror film.
but thanks a bunch for suggesting it might be that movie,it was a real pleasure to watch it,and mr. peck did an excellent job in it!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Cranky

Well, tell us what the ids were dressed as, what they were doing in the graveyard, or something!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenx1966 View Post
its not the movie i was thinking of
Damn! It sure seemed like the right fit.

And, no, of course it's not a horror movie, but I could sure see why a kid might find parts of it frightening and remember it as a scary film, what with the crazy guy nextdoor who stabbed his father and all, and the kids being attacked in the woods. Okay, never mind.

So what have we got? It's black and white? Made when? The fifties? Low budget? Kids, a cemetary, Halloween costumes? A burlap sack?

Why is this ringing no bells at all? We may need another clue.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
It would have to have been in the fifties or early sixties because Trick or Treating wasn't all that popular in the 40s from what I read.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:52 AM
No, fuck YOU

Vampyr?

It has a scary looking old guy in it... :rolleyes:
Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Vampyr?

It has a scary looking old guy in it... :rolleyes:
I believe that's actually an old woman. Besides ... what incredible place would you need to grow up in where a silent Danish horror film was on television every year? I'm moving there immediately.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
allenx1966

about the only thing i can remember that i have not mentioned is....... i remember the kids in their costumes at the graveyard,and they were laying on the ground,hiding from someone and/or plotting a prank or something. it did seem to be older than to kill a mockingbird,and/or just a cheaper B film.

don't fret if you can't help. i was very young,and for all i know my memory has played tricks on me after all these years, and maybe it was to kill a mockingbird. it was right at that age when you first start to remember things.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenx1966 View Post
it was right at that age when you first start to remember things.
I know what you mean though. Funny how these images stay with us. I had horrible nightmares all through my earliest childhood about a man in pajamas who kept dead women in glass boxes. Years later, I just about went through the roof when I saw Karloff in THE BLACK CAT. So that's where the dream came from! I couldn't believe it.

One of these days, the same thing will happen to you. You'll be watching an old movie and -- wham! -- you'll suddenly recognize the bits that have lodged in your subconscious.