Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Evil Dead

Wolf Creek

Heard all the hype: "purchased before Sundance Film Festival by Weinstein Company for $3-million...blah blah blah" - "Australian take on Texas Chainsaw Massacre...blah blah blah" - "generating buzz...blah blah blah" - "the next big horror hit...blah blah blah"

So I went to see it at Screamfest. I was afraid that the film had been oversold I would hate it from being disappointed, but it actually turned out to be pretty good at what it tried to do.

It will not be a blockbuster. It's too grim and gruesome for that -- it will turn off the mainstream audience, bigtime.

The thing of it is, even if you like this kind of stuff, you have to admit the ending of this movie is a colossal letdown -- it just runs out of gas and stops, without a climax of any kind. Can't understand why anyone would rave about a film (no matter how good up till then) that couldn't come up with a decent ending.

You can read more about the screening here: http://hollywoodgothique.bravejournal.com/entry/15722
Old 10-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Evil Dead

Isn't it only pg-13?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Evil Dead

There was no rating card shown on the print at Screamfest, but there is no way that the film is PG-13.