Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Living Dead

Me & my pup...

Just had to show off the new pup...although he's not really a pup at 2 years old. And he's alot bigger than a pup...a real handful. Anyhow, there you go...:rolleyes:

Carrie & Esham
Old 11-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Saint of Killers

Thumbs up

beautiful dog, am on my 3rd Rottweiler, wife and i have been talking of getting a Dobe but havent found a breeder that we liked except House of Hoyt in Tenn. They are a little pricey, we were looking for one from a rescue group or a shelter, but most rescue groups dont want to adopt out the dogs they just want your money.:mad: Were going to keep looking though.

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

I've never been nice my whole life....but, I'll do my best to be sweet.

I keep my standards low, so I'm never disappointed.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead.

Forgive your enemies......after they are slain.

The God I believe in aint short of cash mister.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:43 PM
Living Dead

Rotties are my favorite...my dear Chase Hendrix, a rescued Rottweiler, passed away in August from cancer at 13 years old. He'd been with me a decade and he was the most comical creature! I will never forget that dog! (Just had to post a photo of him now!)

What are your Rottie's names? How old?

We were looking to adopt another Rottie after Chase passed away but my BF and I have always loved Dobermans and when we found out this guy needed a home we didn't hestitate. He's a wonderful dog--and he's improved his manners and obedience SO much in the 27 days he's been with us. There are alot of Rottie mannerisms in the Dobe...but wow, they are a whole lot "hoppy-er"--bounce, bounce, knocking things over, bumping into tables. Positive energy personified! You just gotta get one...LOL

Anyhow, excuse the ramble, typical me...:rolleyes: I have heard of House of Hoyt--great lines but VERY pricey indeed! And alot of the rescues are incredibly expensive too--not to mention the pages of forms and criteria you have to meet...I understand why but so many good potential homes just give up in exasperation.

Might I suggest that you post an ad on both Petpages.com and Petfinder.com?
The first is where we found my Mom's adopted Dachshund--we had to travel to Washington State to get her but we couldn't find one in British Columbia in our price range so it was worth the trip to adopt this one. They are both great sites...and there is both 'for sale' and 'for adoption' ads so you can't go wrong. If you post an ad looking for a rescue/adoption Dobie I imagine you should get some replies. Also, browse all the ads they have on the sites. Good luck...let me know your general area and I will do some looking on the rescue boards for you.

Carrie
Old 11-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Saint of Killers

Hey,
That Rottie has a beautiful head and nice coloring, my first Rottie and Second were sisters Brandy and Tabitha, Tabitha was the runt of the litter. They were being used as guard dogs at a body shop I worked at and their living conditions were terrible. I convinced the owner to sell. I had to put Brandy down about 3 years ago due to hip displaysia(spelling?) very bad. She was 10 and I didnt want to see her suffer anymore, broke my heart to do it but it had to be done. Vets felt that surgery wouldnt have been much help. She was my baby, very fem. face and very dark colors. Tabitha went to a good home and she is doing OK. I kept her for a while but her and her sister fought a lot sibling rivalry. She is much happier now. My 3rd is Tarna, got her from a breeder in S. Mich. Ruffhouse traditional Rotts. She is about 3 now and is great very playful and like all Rotts isnt aware of her size. I should post some pics for all to see sometime.

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

I've never been nice my whole life....but, I'll do my best to be sweet.

I keep my standards low, so I'm never disappointed.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead.

Forgive your enemies......after they are slain.

The God I believe in aint short of cash mister.