Old 05-30-2005, 04:20 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
The Lady Vanishes is a very good one...one of those really "fun" movies, sit down one sunday with a lot of food and just relax and watch that shit. :)
Goin away for the weekend, Ill probably bring the good ol' portable DVD player, and watch this:)
Old 05-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
I don't see why everyone hates The Birds. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
I didn't know everyone did. :confused: I just don't care for the storyline all that much. And I don't hate it exactly, I just don't like it. It is impossible for me to hate a Hitchcock film.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:51 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by jenna26
I didn't know everyone did. :confused: I just don't care for the storyline all that much. And I don't hate it exactly, I just don't like it. It is impossible for me to hate a Hitchcock film.
I just remember in The Birds remake thread everyone was saying how it wasn't very good so it was ok to remake it...I still don't believe someone could dare think of remaking a Hitchcock film. For Christ's sake, think of some original damn ideas.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Goin away for the weekend, Ill probably bring the good ol' portable DVD player, and watch this:)
Do it. Satisfaction guaranteed.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:37 PM
Banned

the man who knew too much. (2nd version)

great joke at the end..
Old 05-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
I just remember in The Birds remake thread everyone was saying how it wasn't very good so it was ok to remake it...I still don't believe someone could dare think of remaking a Hitchcock film. For Christ's sake, think of some original damn ideas.
Ah, I don't think I read any of that thread. Anyway, I agree. At the very least, Hitchcock's films should just be left alone. The Psycho remake was so unnecessary. And I would hate to have a complete hack come in and just completely miss the point. I can just feel a remake of one of Hitchcock's classics with a bunch of pointless gore and bad dialogue coming up.

And though there are probably no truly original ideas, I believe that there are probably some really smart scripts floating around that have at least some originality that are being pushed aside while the people that are financing these films are throwing money at a "sure thing".

Last edited by jenna26; 05-31-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Banned

there is something to take into consideration -
that with each new generation - they become further and further from the origional sources.

most young people today dont know that these films are remakes until they hear it mentioned.

A remake can ge good - it can be bad ... in either case it might compell people to seek out the origionals ...

i've also said something that i'll repeat again .. remaking movies isnt new to our generation.

people have been remaking films since moving pictures were invented for the same reasons they are being done now.

nothing is untouchable ... no one is forcing anyone to see them.
if they arent any good then the pictures wont make money and the trend will stop.

if they make money then someone is doing something right - catering to the appropriate audiences.

complaining about it or being indignant about it is futile and a waste of energy ...
Old 06-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to surfnazi
All this talk of remakes make me feel sad. The Psycho remake was terrible, which really surprised the hell out of me considering they had such a brilliant director helming it in Gus Van Sant(Good Will Hunting, Drugstore Cowboy). But I think that its pretty biased to assume that every remake thats going to be coming out is going to be godawful. I mean there have been many fantastic remakes, some that even surpassed the originals (The Thing, The Fly)! I can definately see that with the right writer and a good director a Hitchcock remake could be done well. It would have to be one of his less famous(but still astounding) films such as Rear Window or Vertigo, but I believe it can be done.

However I don't think any remake could ever surpass Hitchcock's work, as he is THE greatest horror filmmaker of the 20th century, aside from George A. Romero(in my opinion).

I've seen Psycho, I've seen Vertigo, I've seen Rear Window, I've seen The Birds, and even The Man Who Knew Too Much, what other Hitchcock films would you guys reccommend? I'm looking for something more along the lines of his best horror work like Psycho and The Birds, any suggestions?

No one can describe rock and roll --, well maybe Pete Townshend but thats cool.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

wouldn't call him a horror director
Old 06-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by surfnazi
All this talk of remakes make me feel sad. The Psycho remake was terrible, which really surprised the hell out of me considering they had such a brilliant director helming it in Gus Van Sant(Good Will Hunting, Drugstore Cowboy). But I think that its pretty biased to assume that every remake thats going to be coming out is going to be godawful. I mean there have been many fantastic remakes, some that even surpassed the originals (The Thing, The Fly)! I can definately see that with the right writer and a good director a Hitchcock remake could be done well. It would have to be one of his less famous(but still astounding) films such as Rear Window or Vertigo, but I believe it can be done.

However I don't think any remake could ever surpass Hitchcock's work, as he is THE greatest horror filmmaker of the 20th century, aside from George A. Romero(in my opinion).

I've seen Psycho, I've seen Vertigo, I've seen Rear Window, I've seen The Birds, and even The Man Who Knew Too Much, what other Hitchcock films would you guys reccommend? I'm looking for something more along the lines of his best horror work like Psycho and The Birds, any suggestions?
To you and Urge:

I agree with you guys, because that's not really my point. I don't always mind remakes...hell I absolutely LOVED The Amityville Horror and Dawn of the Dead remakes. What I'm saying is that hollywood ij just getting dumber, because there just isn't any creativity anymore. No fresh ideas. What the hell are they gonna remake in 20 years?! THE REMAKES?!?! It just pisses me off how they can't leave movies alone, pretty much every single movie soming out will either be remade or will have a sequel, prequel, etc...

I'm even thinking about checking Madagascar out because it's a fresh original idea...I mean, is there anyone out there besides Jenna who agrees with me on this?