Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Old 01-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to XtRaVa Send a message via MSN to XtRaVa
I loved the feeling of when playing Silent Hill...erm 3 I think it was. The noise that Pyramid Head made, really shit me up when playing it late at night in a dark room.

Another good one was Doom, why a big guy cant hold a torch and a gun at the same time always annoyed me, some good jumpy bits in that game :D

1,2 Michael's coming for you...3,4 Better lock your door...5,6 Grab a crucifix...7,8 Better stay up late...9,10 Never sleep again.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Eternal Darkness is the ONLY video game that ever scared me...

When my insanity meter was low...It popped up a screen that said "Are you sure you want to delete files?"...I was hitting the 'NO' like crazy, wondering how in the hell I made the screen come up in the first place...It said, "deleting files now" with the loading bar running down on the screen...I was literally SCREAMING, my heart was pounding, I hadn't saved in HOURS...Seri came into the room to see what was happening...After we saw that it was an insanity effect, Seri was laughing at me, and she STILL tells everyone about it...

Stupid awesome game

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 01-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrayne View Post
Eternal Darkness is the ONLY video game that ever scared me...

When my insanity meter was low...It popped up a screen that said "Are you sure you want to delete files?"...I was hitting the 'NO' like crazy, wondering how in the hell I made the screen come up in the first place...It said, "deleting files now" with the loading bar running down on the screen...I was literally SCREAMING, my heart was pounding, I hadn't saved in HOURS...Seri came into the room to see what was happening...After we saw that it was an insanity effect, Seri was laughing at me, and she STILL tells everyone about it...

Stupid awesome game
Game didn't scare me but it made me think my Gamecube was broken. Don't think games really scare but they can provide a good jump if played in the right situation... like that damn dog.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Missile Command used to make my heart race. The very survival of the earth depending on my cat-like reflexes:eek:

But that was after watching The Day After and Testament

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

In the RavenHolm level of Half Life 2....when those fast screaming zombies are coming up the drainpipe while you are on the roof......scared the shit out of me.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:13 PM
ecnal1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
You see, below is what they said was the scariest moment in Resident Evil... they're wrong. You walk down the hallway on the opposite side of the kitchen for the first time, minding your own business, and that damn dog comes bursting through the window. That was one of the few times I jumped playing a videogame, although I'm surprised there's no love for System Shock there.
I have to agree with the dogs jumping out of the windows, I think the scene with the zombie face was chosen for how famous it was in video game history.

System Shock was creepy but it never terrifyed me the way a lot of the games on the list did. That computer was wicked evil tho.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
In the RavenHolm level of Half Life 2....when those fast screaming zombies are coming up the drainpipe while you are on the roof......scared the shit out of me.
That was definently in my top 10. But the scariest part of ravenholm to me was when you first see the fast zombies on the roof tops in the distance, and arent paying attention to the one sprinting at you screaming until, wham!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Evil Dead

Resident evil 1 (I think) had a part where some zombie ape-lookin' thing first made an appearance, and they showed it coming towards you (evil dead style) in FP perspective...that was kinda "ohhh shit".

Shade - Wrath of Angels...probably nobody here's played it, but it was a fairly decent horror/action title...could've been a lot better though. Thing is, there's a part where you go into a hotel looking for your brother, and then the scene goes interdimensional, there's fire everywhere, and some silent-hill-esque baddies walking around that you KNOW are gonna hurt you some...then, all of a sudden it stops.

Pretty much ALL of the later levels of doom2 had you in a frantic stage...not really fear just...very fast paced...while on that feeling, "painkiller" evoked almost the same.

Alien Ressurection on ps1...some damn fucked up jump scenes in that one...made it worse that your character (as I recall) moved really fucking slow.

Quake 1 - Shambler. I don't really need to say any more.

There's a lot though...I'm fairly certain I'll be able to add more.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Evil Dead

Monster games don't scare me,but Manhunt made me jump alot.:)
Old 01-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
aye i hear you on that one. The games a whole lot scarier when you play it on hard, because your KNOW your gonna die if you fuck up with the zombies around.

Striders always creeped me out too.

Click for B-Movie reviews!