Old 10-08-2005, 04:40 AM
cool_cat

Follow ups to Rings 1 and 2?

Will there be any? I loved the two Rings and it would be good to have a Ring 3...
Old 10-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Banned

There was a third ?japanese? film made. It was a prequel called "Ring 0 - Birthday". They may go on to remake that too?
That said - Never underestimate the western worlds ability to cash in, until something is truly milked dry, and beyond.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:09 AM
Spirit Hunter

Ring 0, Birthday - Superb film

If you have never seen Ring 0, I would recommend it most highly. It's an unusual film, definitely very creepy and with some moments that will chill your spine, but most of all it's one of the most haunting films I've ever seen. It moves quite slowly, as Japanese horror movies tend to, and at first it seems a bit confusing, but stay with it, because it makes sense in the end.

More than anything, Ring 0 is a very sad story. Believe me, despite knowing what Sadako will become, you'll be rooting for her.

I don't know if Hollywood would be able to make this film as efffectively, to be honest, because Hollywood tends to "pigeon hole" films: This is horror, this is drama, this is romance. Ring 0 doesn't fit into any category neatly. It would take an extremely talented director to remake the film in the same style while retaining it's mass appeal to the western audience.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Maggie:}

Send a message via AIM to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkfloyd45769
I think the second one sucked!:rolleyes:
Old 11-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Devongard

Talking DVD Set

I was in Best Buy today and saw a four disc set of the original Japanese Ring movies (1, 2, 0, and Rasen, which is based on the second book in the series). Looks like a must-have for all Japanese horror fans!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Spirit Hunter

Yes it's a must-have. I haven't seen Rasen yet, although i understand that this is an alternative sequel to Ring.

I agree that Ring 2 was not as good as Ring and Ring 0, but I didn;t think it sucked. It had it's creepy moments, but they definitely overdid the cryptic science explanation thingy. It makes a bit more sense after a second viewing.

However, American The Ring 2, now THAT sucked! (Same director, strangely).
Old 11-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Undead

Send a message via ICQ to wvhorrorfan Send a message via AIM to wvhorrorfan Send a message via Yahoo to wvhorrorfan
i got lucky in getting ring 0 , watched it a lot, and still do.

end result , i always have to have either a hanky or a tissue with me, i cry at the end for sadako.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Spirit Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by wvhorrorfan
i got lucky in getting ring 0 , watched it a lot, and still do.

end result , i always have to have either a hanky or a tissue with me, i cry at the end for sadako.
Everybody does. That's the thing, everybody cries. Even Chuck Norris cried.

It's such a superb film; it manages to make you sympathise with one one of the most frightening monsters in cinema history, and yet it's still creepy.