Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2003, 07:35 AM
spookygirl

Graham Masterton

I have only read a couple and it was a long time ago but if you want a good graphic horror books, read Graham Masterton. Especailly "The Family Portrait" I defy you not to be grossed out..

Zo x:D
Old 11-10-2003, 04:57 AM
Evil Dead

Masterton

Big Masterton fan here. I don't think I've read that one (unless it was alternately titled PICTURE OF EVIL in some areas?), but also check out PREY and TRAUMA for a couple great reads.

My favorite Masterton novel, though, is without a doubt FEAST. That is the only book I have ever had to actually *put down* for a few minutes because it was making me physically ill.

I loved it. :)

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 11-12-2003, 01:22 PM
spookygirl

Hi,

Cheers for the reply. The family portrait starts off with a hitchiker being picked up and being de-skinned whilst alive? That part of the story you have to read again just to make sure that it has actually been written, it's evil... I currently dont have any of his books I just borrowed the ones I read but ebay is my next step...
I will check out those two though, they sound good...

Zo x
:D
Old 08-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Sanzano

If you're after good Graham Masterton books try and get hold of his early work (won't be easy). Best bet is probably eBay as these books are long out of print.

The Manitou
Revenge of the Manitou
The Devils of D-Day
The Wells of Hell
Charnel House
The Djinn
Tengu

I found all the books particularly interesting because of their connection with actual legends from different cultures (Red Indian, Japanese, Egyptian etc.) which Masterton had based them on.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Scares Little Kids

ohh, ohh Graham Masterton:

Here in the US The Family Portrait was called Picture of Evil. One of my all time favs. Then there's Prey, Grahams homage to Lovecraft (Brown Jenkins appears). All the Manitou books. Pariah, oh gee that has to be one of the best books I have ever read --

"O the men they sailed from Granite Head to fish the foreign shores. But the fish they caught was naught but bones with hearts crushed in their jaws."