Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2006, 03:22 AM
Misanthrope

The Proposition

Completley fucking cool flick, one of the best of the year for me. I held off seeing this because I didn't want to be dissapointed, Guy Pierce's name attached to it made me think this film had disaster stamped all over it. I thought this was going to be a homogenised dumbed down version of the intense raw brutality of John Hillcoat and Nick Cave's other collaboarion Ghosts... of the Civil Dead (THE prison film. Period.)

Definatley in the vein of Dead Man but less poetic and sereal while managing to catch the same beauty in the desolate landscapes and crazy as fuck characters. A good old catholic redemption flick for sure (sunday school Nick Cave style :p ) filled with Travis Bickle crossed with Eli Wallach styled spaghetti-western eccentric characters.
Like Ghosts... questioned the ethics of a corporatee controlled prison system, The Proposition has themes questioning colonial treatment of Aboriginal natives and the "string the fucker up" mob metality. But whatever I'm getting too serious here and going into the story is just gona ruin the experience for you.

Make it the next Western you watch. Up there with the best of the genre.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Evil Dead

Sounds great. I'm going to have to see this.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:23 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Great atmospheric movie with brilliant acting across the board.

Tom Budge, the guy who played Sam (the singing simpleton) is starring as the bad guy in my horror film that shoots next month.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 12-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

true this is a great movie. i rate it up there with lonesome dove in the western type genre.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
Great atmospheric movie with brilliant acting across the board.

Tom Budge, the guy who played Sam (the singing simpleton) is starring as the bad guy in my horror film that shoots next month.

Definatley gets the atomosphere across. Have to check out your flick when its out dude.... if it makes it to New Zealand we miss out on a bunch of horror movies over here :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufongtan. View Post
true this is a great movie. i rate it up there with lonesome dove in the western type genre.
Haha I remember that being on TV as a kid! Danny Glover was in it yeh?