Old 01-25-2022, 03:09 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
I saw HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN when I was 14 and later on VHS. It's a remake of CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN and one that tries to be funny...and really isn't. First time as the Monster for Dave Prowse and also Kate O'Mara along with Veronica Carlson.

At this stage of life, I would pick Mary Ann as well. Maybe Ginger appealed to the Prurient interest of my Grade School self when first watching it.

THE GREAT HOUDINI (1976). Saw this back when (around Halloween, which is when Houdini died) and better than Your average MFTV film with more impressive production values, a decent story and what a cast! Paul Michael Glaser (STARSKY AND HUTCH, although He looks very much like Adult Actor John Leslie here), Sally Struthers (ALL IN THE FAMILY, good as Houdini's patient loving wife), Adrianne Barbeau (MAUDE), Bill Bixby (MY FAVORITE MARTIAN, COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER and a year away from THE INCREDIBLE HULK), Clive Revill (LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE), Maureen O'Sullivan (TARZAN films in the 30's), Wilfrid Hyde-White (TEN LITTLE INDIANS -1965), Nina Foch (RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE), Geoffrey Lewis (SALEM'S LOT), Peter Cushing (as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle-'nuff said!), Ruth Gordon (ROSEMARY'S BABY and stealing scenes again) and Vivian Vance (I LOVE LUCY-VV is terrific here).

Only real dig I can put in here is it focuses more on Houdini's occult leanings and some of it is not entirely factual, especially in the relationship between his Catholic wife and Jewish mother; I've read they got along reasonably well. Also, HH is SUCH a Momma's Boy here. Would like to have seen more of his escapades, but not a bad intro. ***
Yep, I remember seeing this on TV. Not bad. I appreciated the slant to his occult/seance interest. I think I read he liked ferreting-out the fakes because as an escape-artist designer he knew the mechanical tricks sometimes employed.

Yes, Ruth Gordon is such a powerhouse actress. Quite the cast in Houdini!

Old 01-25-2022, 09:09 PM
Horror Youtuber

The Changeling (1980)

I find this psychological horror gets overlooked often, but George C. Scott is amazing in this movie playing a tormented man.

Speaking of George C. Scott, The Exorcist 3 is a very underrated film that many avoid because of the absolute garbage that is The Exorcist 2 but don't let it deter you. It is a psychological thriller more than a possession movie. Also, Brad Dourif (the voice of Chucky) puts on one of the best villain performances of all time. The way he uses his words is more chilling than anything the camera could show.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:38 AM
Evil Dead

DIE HARD (1988). This actioner of NYC cop Bruce Willis trying to get back together with estranged wife (The always welcome Bonnie Bedelia) and then trying to save the day when Her Office is attacked by a Terrorist group whose motive is not quite what it seems.

DH has held up amazingly well all these decades later...still exciting and humorous with great turns by Bruce Willis, Paul Gleason, William Atherton and Reginald VelJohnson. Also extreme Kudos to the late Alan Rickman in his first role, I believe, as the Ruthless yet affable leader of the group. ****1/2
Old 01-26-2022, 05:50 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Back to the future part 2
Old 01-26-2022, 10:56 PM
Evil Dead

THE COMPLEAT BEATLES (1982). A Cliff Notes version of The Beatles history at two hours-but honestly, it could be triple that and still barely scratch the surface- that still brings up the important moments, has some great footage (The Royal Command Performance, parts of "Yesterday" and "If I Needed Someone" live) and while the usual shrieking mobs are shown, there is also one-on-one interviews with some of the fans, the girl with the Oil painting standing out. Good narration by Malcolm McDowell and many interviews also with People who were there, with George Martin standing out.

A Good start if You want to know more. Sadly, Paul McCartney bought the rights to this so it wouldn't compete with the upcoming ANTHOLOGY, which I feel is kind of a Bitch move by Paulie, so TCB is hard to find. ****
Old 01-27-2022, 11:17 AM
I kick ass for the lord!

alot of horror movies i watch are some of the ones i rewatch, this time is city of the living dead, i love the fucked up priest in this, he actually is pretty deathly looking
Old 01-28-2022, 02:16 AM
病気の

Deathdream, 1974. 8/10

Director: Bob Clark

Curtains, 1983. 7/10

Director: Richard Ciupka

Shock Waves, 1977. 7.5/10

Director: Ken Wiederhorn

City of the Living Dead, 1980. 7.5/10

Director: Lucio Fulci

Old 01-29-2022, 03:23 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Deathdream, 1974. 8/10

Director: Bob Clark

Curtains, 1983. 7/10

Director: Richard Ciupka

Shock Waves, 1977. 7.5/10

Director: Ken Wiederhorn

City of the Living Dead, 1980. 7.5/10

Director: Lucio Fulci

Love all of these.
Old 01-29-2022, 03:11 PM
病気の

A Bay of Blood,1971. 8/10

Director: Mario Bava

Old 01-30-2022, 12:54 AM
Evil Dead

PROM NIGHT (1980). Another slasher that came out after the success of HALLOWEEN and FRIDAY, THE 13th that has a fan following, but I found it sort of dull.... way too many cast to keep track of and really no excitement other than watching Jamie Lee Curtis boogie on down and Leslie Nielsen, still considered a "Serious" actor at the time. **