Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-19-2004, 08:43 PM
bla

confession

i tried to watch the original dawn of the dead the other night and i was totally bored. i made it through maybe 45 minutes before i shut it off. i realize it's a classic and every true horror fan loves it so.... what's wrong with me? does it get better as it goes along? does it take repeated viewings to truely appreciate it? i love all horror movies, i really do, from the great to the absurd. but DOTD, which some consider the best of all time, i just couldn't get into. am i nuts? advice please.

jaded horror fan.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned

You may or may not be "nuts", I don't know you personally....have you ever tried to eat bugs....or kill a family member?

As far as the movie goes.....to be honest, I just watched this one myself a couple of weeks ago and it is a little dated. Still a great movie and if you never saw it, you should give it a chance. The problem is with the younger crowd, you have been CGIed to death with the current crop of "horror movies" so you may not appreciate the simpler good old fashioned effects.

Although the remake is also quite good and it doesn't look like they used too much CGI.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:47 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Re: confession

Quote:
Originally posted by g star
i tried to watch the original dawn of the dead the other night and i was totally bored. am i nuts?
Yeah.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Horror Fan

What's not to like?
Old 11-20-2004, 05:07 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
It really picks up once the Raiders get there....but Itz awesome anyway!
Old 11-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
It really picks up once the Raiders get there....but Itz awesome anyway!
... it really picks up the second it starts, because this is the greatest movie in the Zombie sub genre!!!!

10/10 ... the best in the sub genre!!!!!

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 11-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ichi the killer
Re: confession

Quote:
Originally posted by g star
i tried to watch the original dawn of the dead the other night and i was totally bored. i made it through maybe 45 minutes before i shut it off. i realize it's a classic and every true horror fan loves it so.... what's wrong with me? does it get better as it goes along? does it take repeated viewings to truely appreciate it? i love all horror movies, i really do, from the great to the absurd. but DOTD, which some consider the best of all time, i just couldn't get into. am i nuts? advice please.

jaded horror fan.
You should just stick to the classics like, Resident Evil 1 & 2, also check out House of the living dead thats what all zombie films should be like.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the Angels in Heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified..... as you did in the face of the man who KILLED you.

When the earth spits out the dead, they will return to tear the flesh from the living!
Old 11-21-2004, 10:11 AM
New leaf

[QUOTE]Originally posted by newb
[B] The problem is with the younger crowd, you have been CGIed to death with the current crop of "horror movies" so you may not appreciate the simpler good old fashioned effects.

Exactly, you have to take in consideration when the movie was made. It's probably more appreciated by older horror fans, like myself.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:19 AM
Run, you fools!!!

Re: Re: confession

Quote:
Originally posted by ichi the killer
You should just stick to the classics like, Resident Evil 1 & 2
Piss take or what???

Ash

“I could catch a monkey. If I was starving I could. I’d make poison darts out of the poison of the deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself and you’d be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times.” - Gareth from The Office

“Life is just a series of peaks and troughs. And you don’t know whether you’re in a trough until you’re climbing out, or on a peak until you’re coming down. And that’s it you know, you never know what’s round the corner. But it’s all good. ‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain.’ Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she’s just a big pair of tits.” - David Brent
Old 11-22-2004, 05:02 AM
Banned

Re: Re: confession

Quote:
Originally posted by ichi the killer
You should just stick to the classics like, Resident Evil 1 & 2, also check out House of the living dead thats what all zombie films should be like.

please tell me that that was a joke ?