Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Talk about an exploitation flick

Has anyone ever seen Fist of Fear??? It takes exploitation to a whole new level and is completely classless as well as tasteless. It seems they were just trying to make a buck off of Bruce Lee’s untimely death. I can’t believe Fred Williamson is in this, but he’s the only good aspect of the movie though. People keep mistaking him for Harry Belafonte and it’s quite funny. The box claims that Bruce Lee stars in the film but it’s just archive footage that they BADLY manipulated. Horrible “film.”

In an interesting side note, the anchorman, Adolph Caesar, provided the voice-overs for the original Dawn of the Dead tv spots.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Evil Dead

Fist of Fear was the only one of the Bruce Lee rip-off movies to garner any class at all--and like you said, that's simply because of Williamson's presence. I hated Bruce Li, Bruce Lei, and all those oversized boxes. Didn't Bolo even try to cash in as an early Lee impostor?

When it comes to exploitation king fu, I'll take Hot Potato and Last Dragon. Jim Kelly is just a screamin' karate fool!!!! Best karate yodel in the movies, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I hate all of the imposters as well. I hope Bolo never attempted that, he's MUCH too big.

Jim Kelly rules (he's from KY). Loved him in Enter the Dragon. And The Last Dragon is a piece of my childhood.

"Who's the master??"

"Shonuff!"