Old 09-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Evil Dead

Arrow Axe-Cult: American Phenomenon

How much literary value do we as a culture ascribe to underworld imagination? Do we reference crime cults and groups in the evaluation of abnormal psychology? Does horror-writing include ideas these days about 'socialized' darkness? Here's a novel-friendly intro-vignette about a distinctly American axe-cult perhaps signifying a modern perception of social control. Does such a vignette remind you of Stephen King or Dean Koontz? Thanks for reading (and enjoy!),

====

Early man developed tools for hunting, like spears and arrows. Later, man developed anvils and conveyer belts for factory and metallurgy work of advanced caliber for industrial imagination. Through this progression of tool aesthetics intelligence, there came subverters and terrorists who sought to turn tools into devices for murder and hellfire. Then, we started telling campfire stories of psychos picking up pick-axes and chainsaws to create bloody murder and mayhem. This campfire and noir-crime consciousness facilitated the rise of a brand new socialization aesthetic catering to normalized and ritualized darkness, which came in the form of cults.

We know of murder cults. We know of the Helter-Skelter of the Manson Family. We know of the cult suicide action of the Jim Jones group. We know of terrorizing neo-Nazi groups in the USA. We've even heard modern stories of fraternities and fraternal organizations engaging in ritual murders and rapes, seeking to normalize and perhaps even sanctify mayhem and anarchy. There's even dark stories of hammer-cults in Asia exterminating labeled undesirables, usually vagrants and homeless. This ritualized cultish activity leading to bloody murder signals the emergence of a totally new kind of monster, the one aptly named Bullseye.

BULLSEYE: "My name's Bullseye. I consider myself the inheritor of the cryptic Roanoke invisible colony tradition in the New World. Basically, I recruit wayward criminals and maniacs and form a fraternity or cult geared specifically towards the sanctification of one kind of maniacal crime --- axe-murder. Yes, folks, I'm arguably the Jim Jones of axe-murder! My special opportunity is to convert legions of wandering psychos to construct one cohesive dark tower of bloody murder. Satanic worship will now boast its own original form of mob strength."

As the extremely subversive Bullseye rose to prominence in the New World, America, his axe-cult, aptly called Bloody Murder (BM), became a hallmark for great modern Satanic imagination. This was a cohesive form of neo-diarism, one geared towards evil and chaos and bloodsport. Bullseye told his followers that blood and guts and bloody murder were signposts of an inventive form of psychiatric catharsis, one that would make his cult an American phenomenon of great antisocial hellfire. Bloody Murder (BM) was more profound and disarming than any dark cult America had ever seen, including the hypnotic if hideous Manson Family. Would this American phenomenon be something analyzed and dissected by economists at Babson, Bard, and Brown?

====

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0573.jpg (29.2 KB, 0 views)