Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-17-2020, 05:32 AM
Nostalgia nerd

e

Last edited by Amaltheaunicorn2020; 09-18-2020 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:23 AM
This is a test

THE BARGE PEOPLE 2018

Two couples are set upon by mutant cannibals after they rent a barge for a weekend on the canal.

The monsters were a bit high school production-looking but the scenery was nice. I liked it.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I'm Thinking of Ending Things

A friend of mine totally tricked me into watching this by flattering my ego - said he didn't understand it and wanted me to watch it, as my film degree would helped. I'm easy to manipulate.

That said, very glad I watched it. Masterclass in unsettling editing and a fantastic depiction of how our minds work, particularly when we're at breaking point. Basically a film of hundreds of metaphors. I suspect the dinner scene in particular was filmed and edited in the same way as Willem Dafoe questioning Patrick Bateman in American Psycho - filmed with several different acting styles/motivations, then patchworked together.

I won't rewatch any time soon - takes it out of you, but I highly recommend.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 09-17-2020, 03:51 PM
The Devil's Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
I'm Thinking of Ending Things

A friend of mine totally tricked me into watching this by flattering my ego - said he didn't understand it and wanted me to watch it, as my film degree would helped. I'm easy to manipulate.

That said, very glad I watched it. Masterclass in unsettling editing and a fantastic depiction of how our minds work, particularly when we're at breaking point. Basically a film of hundreds of metaphors. I suspect the dinner scene in particular was filmed and edited in the same way as Willem Dafoe questioning Patrick Bateman in American Psycho - filmed with several different acting styles/motivations, then patchworked together.

I won't rewatch any time soon - takes it out of you, but I highly recommend.
Huge Kaufman fan, and I'm super glad this is what we got after so many years between his last directorial effort. I liked how unsettling it was. I liked that I didn't quite get it after first viewing. But, most importantly, I liked that it had me thinking afterwards and that it made me want to watch the film again to pick up on certain things. I hadn't read any reviews going in, and I knew very little of the plot. The proper way to go into a movie. I think I loved it. I'm going to give it another day or so before I re-watch, but I'm definitely watching it again. Based on his previously written/directed efforts, wasn't expecting such a horror vibe. haha.

- Harlan Ellison -
Old 09-17-2020, 06:15 PM
病気の

Killer Therapy, 2019. 7/10

Director: Barry Jay

Thumb resize.

The Devil All The Time, 2020. 7,5/10

Director: Antonio Campos

Thumb resize.

Welcome to the Circle, 2020. 6/10

Director: David Fowler

Thumb resize.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:23 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Not yet. #Alive is on my list on Netflix, plan to see it next week for sure.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:05 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Midsommar
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
Old 09-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Evil Dead

Do You See Me Props to the people who did the score and sound effects. It really helped build up tension. The opening scene was scary too, but in all honesty, the further the film went, the less I saw it's relevancy into the story.

The story itself was a bit of a disappointment. Nothing really happens up until the very end (and even then it's not much, especially based on the first scene), so the scares are based on a few weird texts and a few sightings of a clown in the distance.

Maybe it was the filmmaker's intention to delve into the the territory of metoo and women who do not feel believed. How the fear of what actually happens is smaller than the fear of what might happen. That sort of thing. But then you want a main character you can sympathize with and that's a bit hard with someone who throws away tangible evidence and comes with a "I did my research"-line.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:03 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Do You See Me Props to the people who did the score and sound effects. It really helped build up tension. The opening scene was scary too, but in all honesty, the further the film went, the less I saw it's relevancy into the story.

The story itself was a bit of a disappointment. Nothing really happens up until the very end (and even then it's not much, especially based on the first scene), so the scares are based on a few weird texts and a few sightings of a clown in the distance.

Maybe it was the filmmaker's intention to delve into the the territory of metoo and women who do not feel believed. How the fear of what actually happens is smaller than the fear of what might happen. That sort of thing. But then you want a main character you can sympathize with and that's a bit hard with someone who throws away tangible evidence and comes with a "I did my research"-line.
Plus, why would there be only ONE clown in the closet?

Old 09-19-2020, 11:42 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Hereditary, another ari aster horror attempt.

Tags
movie