Old 08-31-2007, 08:00 AM
For Vendetta

Star Trek plot revealed...will it work?

Aug 31, 2007

If there’s one film I’m genuinely excited to see, it’s the new “Star Trek” film from J.J Abrams. It sounds cosmically orgasmic.

We already know that J.J’s filling this thing with fine-ass cast members but now Aint it Cool has revealed what the movie is actually about – and I tell ya, it’s much sweeter than any Bill Shatner cameo would ever have been.

Okay... you know the scene in BACK TO THE FUTURE 2? Where Doc Brown explains alternate timelines? Well, this is sort of... ummm... TREK TO THE FUTURE, I guess you would call it...

Picture an incident that throws a group of Romulans back in time. Picture that group of Romulans figuring out where they are in the timeline, then deciding to take advantage of the accident to kill someone’s father, to erase them from the timeline before they exist, thereby changing all of the TREK universe as a result. Who would you erase? Whose erasure would leave the biggest hole in the TREK universe is the question you should be asking.

Who else, of course, but James T. Kirk?

If Spock were in a position to change that incident back, and then in a position to guard that timeline and make sure things happen the way they’re supposed to, it creates...

... well, what does it create? Because evidently the plan is to use this second timeline as a way of rebooting without erasing or ignoring canon. These new voyages of the ENTERPRISE, they’re taking place in whatever timeline starts with this story.

Maybe this timeline features dramatic differences. Like... say... if Vulcan were to be blown up. If the Vulcans in the series were suddenly the last of their kind, alone in the universe, it would change who they are and maybe even redefine their strict rejection of emotion in favor of logic.

A mind-fuck that’s actually entertaining? Time will tell.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200708..._revealed.html

http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_d...omment_1674921
Old 09-01-2007, 04:53 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

uh-huh.... :) ill go see it no matter what anyways even with the tom cruise cameo in..... liking idea of Zachary Quinto (sylar) as spock

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

No William Shatner?:(
Old 12-26-2008, 05:43 AM
For Vendetta

December 23, 2008

Star Trek filmmaker J.J. Abrams has informed fans tracking the upcoming sci-fi franchise reboot that he is finishing up sound mixing and hopes to have the film entirely completed some time next week.

Abrams says, "We're just making final tweaks... Then we're going to flash-freeze it so it's totally fresh for you in May. I can't wait for you to see the movie. The cast is awesome. The action and effects pushed the stunt team and ILM beyond their limits."

Star Trek arrives in theaters -- traditional cinemas and IMAX -- on May 8, 2009.

The film explores the early Starfleet careers of future Enterprise officers Kirk (Chris Pine), Spock (Zachary Quinto), Scotty (Simon Pegg), Amanda Grayson (Winona Ryder), Uhura (Zoe Saldana), McCoy (Karl Urban), Sulu (John Cho), and Chekhov (Anton Yelchin). A Romulan, Nero (Eric Bana), and a much older Spock (Leonard Nimoy) are influences, as well as Captain Pike (Bruce Greenwood), the first captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

"I'm so grateful to this cast and crew -- and to all of you for your interest and patience," Abrams adds before telling fans to remain on the lookout for more early glimpses of the flick in the coming months.