Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Evil Dead

david goyer, huh? well i like him as a writer. but as a director i'm not a big fan of. it was hard to watch blade trinity. i just don't like how he shoots action sequences.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 AM
For Vendetta

Samuel L. Jackson's A Longer Kiss Goodnight?

Samuel L. Jackson is developing a sequel to the 1996 thriller "The Long Kiss Goodnight".

The first movie starred Geena Davis as Samantha Caine, a suburban mom and schoolteacher with a seemingly normal life in Honesdale, Pennsylvania, who had been found badly injured and amnesiac several years previously, and has no memory of her past. When she's attacked by an escaped convict, Samantha dispatches her attacker with lethal self-defense skills she wasn't aware she possessed. She hires wisecracking private investigator Mitch Henessey (Samuel L. Jackson) to help her find the truth about her past.

Davis's then-husband Renny Harlin ("Cutthroat Island, Die Hard 2: Die Harder") directed the film.

So yeah…a sequel?

Hmmm...

This comes as a real surprise.

Yes, the film did OK business, but it was hardly Jackson’s best film, let alone something he really shone in – it was Geena Davis who owned that beast; and she’s not even going to be in it. With so many other plum options on his radar, why would Jackson want to reprise that character? Why not Shaft (ok, maybe not) or Zeus Carver? (Then again, considering he did the sequel to “XXX” a couple of years back, Sam’s obviously got a woody for sequels – even bad ones).

Nevertheless, the star of the upcoming Spirit movie (now that’s a cool move, Sam) tells MTV that he and Renny Harlin, director, are brainstorming over ideas.

"Actually, we're thinking, you know, the little girl [Samantha's daughter, Caitlin] is grown up now and possibly got some skills passed onto her by her mom," Jackson said. "Her mom gets killed and we want to find out who did it."

“Mitch is one of my favorite characters,” Jackson enthused. “I mean, every time I pass ‘The Long Kiss Goodnight’ [on TV], I stop and watch it. If it’s on, I stop, I watch it.”

So why in the world, then, does she contact Mitch? “Well, she comes to find me because I’m the only connection to her mom,” Jackson said. “And I might know the people that have done that.”

Jackson says he and Harlin are now on the hunt for a writer who thinks their pen deserves a workout.

(Reference - moviehole.net)
Old 06-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Can you dig it ?

Quote:
And why are you wasting all this time here? Dont you have a pile of shit of your to work on?
Coming from someone with a third grade reading level in favor of remakes, I take that as a compliment :D
Old 06-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Biggest and Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSadistro View Post
reading level in favor of remakes

Seems like you cant read.

I dont know why the rest of you think Halloween is only one day a year
Old 06-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wensday13 View Post
Seems like you cant read.
Yay!The female version of Darthbane!
Old 06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Can you dig it ?

More like Thomas George, minus the inane thread starting :D
If it seems like I "cant" read, perhaps it's because I would need a team of hieroglyphic experts to decipher the posts you've made with the endless spelling and grammar errors that contradict one another. You could at least find SpellCheck in less time and use it for now. Otherwise, I'd suggest:

It would change your life for the better.
On a side note, it's spelled "Wednesday", not "Wensday". That should be a clue right there.

Last edited by MisterSadistro; 06-14-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:28 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wensday13 View Post
Alot of the people flocking to see remakes dont always even know thier remakes. Alot of people who went to see Black Christmas or The Hills Have Eyes probley didnt even know there was an orginal.
They're called morons

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Biggest and Best

Spelling and grammer errors aside, tell me why your opinion is the only one that counts? Is that clear enough? Tell me why you know more about what people should like than they do. Impress me with that, because to be honest that straight to video "movie" your working on isnt doing it for me. And no matter what people here tell you, nobody really cares. It just makes you come off like even more of a pompus ass.
Nobodys going to see it until about 3 months after it comes out and its in the bargin bin. That "labor of love" and a dime will buy you a cup of coffee 20 years ago. Nobodys impressed.

So go ahead make fun of spelling and grammer. Because right now, thats about all I can see going for you. Ohhhhhhh, I almost forgot, your working on a movie nobodys going to see, forgive me.

Remakes or not, its fucking stupid to decide how you feel about a movie before you see it. Anybody how tells people "Im involved in making movies, so I MUST know whats good" is fucking stupid. And lastly, its really fucking stupid to waste time posting about movies you claim to hate and people you think of as a lesser.

If the shoe fits I guess........

Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Biggest and Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
They're called morons

Yeah, thats right. People who havnt wasted thier life following movies and posting on message boards, yeah, their the morons. :rolleyes:

Old 06-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSadistro View Post
More like Thomas George, minus the inane thread starting :D
If it seems like I "cant" read, perhaps it's because I would need a team of hieroglyphic experts to decipher the posts you've made with the endless spelling and grammar errors that contradict one another. You could at least find SpellCheck in less time and use it for now. Otherwise, I'd suggest:

It would change your life for the better.
On a side note, it's spelled "Wednesday", not "Wensday". That should be a clue right there.
Okay,now that i think of it.She's more like SFF.