Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 05-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Was looking at Rat Queens, wasn't sure if I would like it. Might give it a go now.

Going to start:

Read it for a while when it came out, so going to revisit it. I may just read Jaime Hernandez,'s Hopey/Maggie stories all the way through then go back to the Palomar stuff.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:16 PM
HDC Idol

Definitely give Rat Queens a try; I thought it was really clever and fun.

If you like Love and Rockets, you'd probably like Adrian Tomine - His art is incredible and I love his vignettes.

The hubby and I just picked up another stash of comic books yesterday...

So far...

Sex Criminals by Matt Fraction - I read the first TP and was genuinely impressed... It took me a while to finally pick it up... I was worried that it would be exploitative and icky, but it's really not... It's about sexual awakening and empowerment - Odd and liberating. Interested to see where it goes.

North 40 by Aaron Williams - I picked this up because I'm a fan of Fiona Staples' art... Not a bad little work of horror so far.

Flex Mantallo by Grant Morrison - The hubby read it and loved it and desperately wants me to read it... I'm not necessarily the biggest Grant Morrison fan but how can I resist those muscles??

The Best of From The Tomb by Peter Normanton - The hubby says it's a pretty impressive and detailed tome that makes him want to collect the original comics.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I got distracted from reading 'Love and Rockets' by going back to Hellblazer...

Caught up on the latest issues of UBER:

Old 05-28-2014, 07:06 AM
HDC Idol

Just finished North 40 by Aaron Williams

I thought it started out pretty strong - A good little Southern Gothic tale sprinkled with Cthulhu... Gorgeous artwork, great creepy beasties (grimaced at least once with the creepiness)... But it felt abridged and it ended waaaay too soon. It felt incomplete.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Evil Dead

I've never been a fan of the the Riverdale gang but Afterlife With Archie has been really impressive. Francesco Francavilla artwork throughout is absolutely incredible.

Tim Seeley's Revival is refreshingly imaginative. The Jenny Frison cover artwork is gorgeous. Mike Norton does a great job with the interior artwork and the characters are all dynamic.

The Wake has been an interesting science fiction horror mash-up from Batman writer Scott Snyder told both in the present and a post apocalyptic future.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Fear scented candle

Let's see. Playing catch up on Gail Simone's titles, so Red Sonja, Batgirl, Tomb Raider and The Movement. Also Captain Marvel because she kicks ass (as does Kelly Sue)
Old 06-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
Also Captain Marvel because she kicks ass (as does Kelly Sue)
If you like KSD you should check out Pretty Deadly. The Emma Ríos artwork is gorgeous.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Immortal horror fan

I'm behind of comics but there are a few out and up coming ones I want to check out. I believe a new comic from the Walking Dead writer is coming out soon. Also one called Caliban that looks good. Plus a new Vampirella series just started.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:22 AM
That fucking Guy...

"Original Sin" Issues 1-3.
Shaping up to be one of Marvels more interesting events in a while.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:19 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Is anyone in here reading Nailbiter? It's written by Joshua Williamson, who also writes Ghosted. Both are very good and fit the horror genre.

Also who is going to be checking out The Fade Out? It's a new comic by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, the duo who brought you the soon the be finished Fatale. I can't wait for it, they're my favourite creative team and it's going to be centered around the filming of a film noir gone wrong.