Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Fairytale" 7/10

A well made haunted "house" flick right up my alley. A little more action would've been nice, but i liked it still.

Thanks to Roshiq for the rec. :)
Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Oz the Great and Powerful
Totally enjoyable fairytale done in the style of the original.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 AM
stuck in reverse

Jack Reacher
Old 03-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Just watched 3 Low Budgeters...

Wolf Town (2011) - Pretty dull and lifeless yarn about an old mining town that was killed off by wolves back in the 1800's. Four college kids go exploring and end up in a battle for their lives against a pack of wolves. Not much action and probably worth skipping for most, although I admit that I now think I'm in love with the only female in the film, Alicia Ziegler.

Amphibious 3D (2010) - I expected a little more from Brian Yuzna. SyFy Channel should add this one to their playlist. A giant amphibian scorpion kills a bunch of people who deserve to die.

Underground (2011) - Not as bad as it seems, although it's probably another one that SyFy might pick up some day. A bunch of party goers attend a rave at an old military base. They get in a fight with what appears to be a gang and hide in an underground bunker/laboratory. A German WWII scientist brought over by the USA after the war spent years creating a race with DNA combined from the most ravenous creatures on the planet in order to build a more perfect soldier. They kind of look like the vampires from Blade II. Of course they are hungry and start eating the party goers one by one. Some nice effects, but nothing really new.

Last edited by realdealblues; 03-10-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Little Boo

Scary or Die, which I feel had a lot of potential, but most of (pretty much all) of the violence happens off screen. But hey, I'm a sucker for evil clowns in movies.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Living Dead

Smiley (2012)

Really not a good film. Its basically the same concept as candyman, only you're supposed to type "i did it for the lulz" into an internet chat three times and the killer pops up behind your chat partner and kills them. Basically there are loads of badly done jump scares and the film tries to show that the main protagonist is getting paranoid but it just gets annoying really. Surprisingly enough shes seeing a psychiatrist having been treated in the past for bipolar disorder. Why is it all the new films play on mental disorder? It doesnt add anything.

Anyway.. It shows this girl getting more and more stressed after summoning smiley and she believes that hes after her. She goes to the police but they dont believe her because they have no missing persons, no bodies and no evidence of any crime. They basically lauhh her out of the station when she admits shes seeing a psychiatrist.

After a long drawn out period of smileys after me no hes not maybe he is, we get her to discover a body, the police laugh at her again and she heads home. Loads of smileys come after her and she ends up dead. The smileys demask and they are all high school kids in one very well planned prank. The congradulate one another on s job well done and then you get one last look at smiley in an "oh god he is real" scene.

To be honest it actually looks better in writing but its been done before and its been done better. 1/10
Old 03-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Horror Fan

Sinister.Great movie. Five Stars.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Evil Dead

The Hills Run Red

I enjoyed it. Some good gore. 3/5
Old 03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Pirate of Bengal

A Bullet for the General (1966)

>>: A-

Dead Before Dawn (2012)

>>: C-
Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Living Dead

Elfie Hopkins 2012

I actually really enjoyed this film, it's interesting and it's quite well done. It starts a little bit slowly but in all its enjoyable 6/10

Tags
movie