Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Evil Dead

After 2012

When two bus crash survivors awake to discover that they are the only people left in their small town, they must form an unlikely alliance in a race to unravel the truth behind their isolation. As strange events begin to unfold, they start to question whether the town they know so well is really what it seems.

Its not a horror film. Its a dark fantasy love story. There was no real dread or intense build up of emotion for me. It was just meh. What they find chained to a block halfway through the film was meh. Not very original. As for a love story its still dull, nothing powerful here.

4/10
Old 07-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Evil Dead

Deliver Us from Evil (2014)

Considering how difficult it is to find a decent modern exorcism flick, it's always nice to find one that will be a visceral and sometimes scary ride. Deliver Us from Evil is one of those movies. Sinister director Scott Derrickson takes the helm of this cop procedural turned possession film Deliver Us from Evil which is based on NYPD sergeant Ralph Sarchie's allegedly "non-fiction" novel Beware the Night. I believe that this is based on true events about as much as I believe that The Conjuring and The Amityville Horror movies are "based on true events", but let's just roll with it. In Deliver Us from Evil, NYPD sergeant Ralph Sarchie, played by Eric Bana, teams up with a priest schooled in the rites of exorcism to investigate a series of crimes around their city. What makes this movie so much different than other exorcism movies is that it is primarily a cop procedural. A lot of the twists and thrills come from Sarchie investigating these crimes and finding new information and evidence, making this a uniquely gritty possession film. Deliver Us from Evil mostly thrives on the unpredictability of the plot rather than gross-out scares, Scott Derrickson's direction also allows some dense atmosphere throughout the entire film. Unfortunately, there are quite a few unnecessary jump scares littered throughout the movie. Some of the jump scares do actually work, but for every one that works, there are two more that fail miserably. It's the biggest drawback to an otherwise good film. Deliver Us from Evil, despite some horror cop-outs (pun definitely intended), is a gritty and surprisingly entertaining exorcism flick that should surprise and even scare you.

7/10
Old 07-26-2015, 07:21 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post

Deliver Us from Evil (2014)

Considering how difficult it is to find a decent modern exorcism flick, it's always nice to find one that will be a visceral and sometimes scary ride. Deliver Us from Evil is one of those movies. Sinister director Scott Derrickson takes the helm of this cop procedural turned possession film Deliver Us from Evil which is based on NYPD sergeant Ralph Sarchie's allegedly "non-fiction" novel Beware the Night. I believe that this is based on true events about as much as I believe that The Conjuring and The Amityville Horror movies are "based on true events", but let's just roll with it. In Deliver Us from Evil, NYPD sergeant Ralph Sarchie, played by Eric Bana, teams up with a priest schooled in the rites of exorcism to investigate a series of crimes around their city. What makes this movie so much different than other exorcism movies is that it is primarily a cop procedural. A lot of the twists and thrills come from Sarchie investigating these crimes and finding new information and evidence, making this a uniquely gritty possession film. Deliver Us from Evil mostly thrives on the unpredictability of the plot rather than gross-out scares, Scott Derrickson's direction also allows some dense atmosphere throughout the entire film. Unfortunately, there are quite a few unnecessary jump scares littered throughout the movie. Some of the jump scares do actually work, but for every one that works, there are two more that fail miserably. It's the biggest drawback to an otherwise good film. Deliver Us from Evil, despite some horror cop-outs (pun definitely intended), is a gritty and surprisingly entertaining exorcism flick that should surprise and even scare you.

7/10

Oh I'm glad you liked this one, I adore it. : )
Old 07-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Evil Sweat

The Bunnyman Massacre(2014)
B+
Thumb resize.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Pirate of Bengal

True Story (2015)

>>: B

Dude Bro Party Massacre III (2015)

>>: B+
Old 07-27-2015, 10:02 AM

IT FOLLOWS 2015

There wasn't one thing I didn't like about this movie! A young girl becomes "stalked" in a most unusual way and for a just as unusual reason. At times, I was reminded of both "Halloween" and the Swedish "Let the Right One In".
Old 07-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
IT FOLLOWS 2015

There wasn't one thing I didn't like about this movie! A young girl becomes "stalked" in a most unusual way and for a just as unusual reason. At times, I was reminded of both "Halloween" and the Swedish "Let the Right One In".
Yes! Finally a review not tainted by the hype backlash. I loved it too.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Yes! Finally a review not tainted by the hype backlash. I loved it too.
It's cool now to hate on movies that got good reviews.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Evil Sweat

In case anyone wants to see it, I added the link for Kung Fury to my post on the previous page.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
He might mean that they both hurt as much.
Ever heard of the bullet ant? They say a bite hurts as much as getting shot.
Have you seen Arachnophobia? How the scene plays out? It's not quite for comedy but how another character says "it's just a spider" and they show the small spider walk away, then the character says it felt like a cougar. Makes it seem funny. At least to me.

I know animals can do a lot of damage. I still find it crazy that the animal guy who used to play around with all sorts of dangerous alligators and stuff ended up getting killed by I believe a stingray.

Tags
movie