Love is like dying

flowers of flesh and blood, was ok.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Little Boo

Ju-on and Ringu :)
Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Tomie (1999)

At the beginning it seems like it's got an interesting creepy story but at the end it just turned out another average J-horror flick.

>>: C

Tomie: Another Face (1999)

3 part Tomie-anthology. First 2 are pretty weak entries filled with poor acting from some amateur young cast members. 3rd one wasn't better either. Overall, pretty disappointing.

>>: C-
Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

recently watched a series of movies called Deathnote and just bought Helldriver.

Deathnote was nifty, but i got wasted when i watched them so they kinda blurred together. i'm pretty sure there were three movies, and they all kept my interest through the marathon. i think it was a supernatural mystery. i don't want to go more in-depth with a review because i'm sure what all was clutch to the story and don't wanna ruin it for anyone, but i would suggest it if yer into foreign films.

Helldriver was... action/gore... live-action anime. i'm in love with this type of movie right now. i'd like to know what that genre is called, if anyone knows what i'm talking about; also taking any suggestions! (have seen machine girl, tokyo gore police, hard revenge milly/bloody battle, vampire girl versus frankenstein girl. coming in the mail will be Vampire Effect and Attack Girls' Swim Team versus the Undead.)
Old 12-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Hellraiser

The Sleepy Eyes of Death: Sword of Villainy
Old 12-16-2011, 09:23 AM
From The Beyond

Strange Circus-I'm not really sure about this one. It is worth seeing but it does drag at times-I guess the final third makes up for it.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:43 AM
From The Beyond

Premonition/Yogen (2004) Nothing like the mention of "Akashic Records" to get my attention. So had to see this. It concerns a "newspaper of terror" which shows those who can see it headlines of impending death. It's plot has been done before but I was impressed by its appropriate minimal score mainly using sound effects. However I expected more atmosphere given its subject matter which was serverely lacking compared to other japanese horrors. Worth watching but there's better japanese horrors out there.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Immortal horror fan

To Sir, with Love / Bloody Reunion (in the US). A Korean horror movie. It's not that good. The funniest sequence is when a cop goes into a room with a bat. I never knew bats were standard police equipment...Just a strange movie with bad camera moves in the opening and a twist that most won't believe.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:01 AM
Little Boo

GANTZ :) a lot of action and blood, good one!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:08 AM
From The Beyond

Uzumaki/Vortex-I found this film to sound more exciting than it actuslly was-you could never call it gripping or thrilling. However you can tell a lot of work went into it to create the bizarre effects and they were worth sticking around for. But the film doesn't really go anywhere and gives the impression of being made up as they went along plus its only with intense observation that you notice the subtleties of it most would probably be missed. Approach with caution.