Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 01-26-2018, 05:30 PM
ventricle

Super Dark Times (2017) Discussion - the ending?

Super Dark Times (2017) Discussion

This may contain SPOILERS!

Paramedic Insanity -- My Peeve: Beware the Paramedic/EMT at the end of the film!!!!!

This really threw me out the window.... At the end of the film we see a Paramedic/EMT 'treating' Zach... an hour or more after he'd been tore-up. We see the medic asks someone for a scissors and snips something by Zack's thigh I wonder what that could have been snipped? Loose part of a band-aid? Or did the medic sow up his sword lacerations in the field? Kevin Phillips (director)... I know you liked the shot of Zack looking at Josh in the squad car and then fading into black... but this is Paramedic insanity right at the end of an otherwise realistic film.

Zack got deeply slashed with a sword on his back, his back shoulder, his inner fore arm (and maybe the top of his head) and then got skewered all the way through his thigh (which had a good chance of hitting an artery). Zack has sustained numerous life threatening wounds. He would have been rushed to the hospital, not sat up on the back of the ambulance for hours for some bandages. Never in a million years. Completely insane.

Why? Was this supposed to be when the film went surreal? Or does the writers/director think the vast portion of the audience would think this was normal?

Ending Allison Sequence -- What, Why, Huh?

After the ending scene of Zack and Josh, the we get these scenes of Allison, Zack' girlfriend, a very minor character in the film.

First shot we see Allison (was it on a swing was it?), and then a shot of a dove flying away. The dove/bird flying away usually signifies this character is now free. Sure, Allison was tied up by a rope at the end, but other than that she was quite a free character indeed. What was she being freed from? Or otherwise, what did the bird indicate?

Then we see Allison in a classroom letting down her hair in a fairly sensual way, and a boy classmate behind her is intrigued. What is the point of this scene? She was mildly forward with Zack, but in the film's story this has nothing to do with the plot. I don't get it. At all. Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 03-23-2018, 07:20 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Super Dark Times (2017) Discussion

This may contain SPOILERS!

Paramedic Insanity -- My Peeve: Beware the Paramedic/EMT at the end of the film!!!!!

This really threw me out the window.... At the end of the film we see a Paramedic/EMT 'treating' Zach... an hour or more after he'd been tore-up. We see the medic asks someone for a scissors and snips something by Zack's thigh I wonder what that could have been snipped? Loose part of a band-aid? Or did the medic sow up his sword lacerations in the field? Kevin Phillips (director)... I know you liked the shot of Zack looking at Josh in the squad car and then fading into black... but this is Paramedic insanity right at the end of an otherwise realistic film.

Zack got deeply slashed with a sword on his back, his back shoulder, his inner fore arm (and maybe the top of his head) and then got skewered all the way through his thigh (which had a good chance of hitting an artery). Zack has sustained numerous life threatening wounds. He would have been rushed to the hospital, not sat up on the back of the ambulance for hours for some bandages. Never in a million years. Completely insane.

Why? Was this supposed to be when the film went surreal? Or does the writers/director think the vast portion of the audience would think this was normal?

Ending Allison Sequence -- What, Why, Huh?

After the ending scene of Zack and Josh, the we get these scenes of Allison, Zack' girlfriend, a very minor character in the film.

First shot we see Allison (was it on a swing was it?), and then a shot of a dove flying away. The dove/bird flying away usually signifies this character is now free. Sure, Allison was tied up by a rope at the end, but other than that she was quite a free character indeed. What was she being freed from? Or otherwise, what did the bird indicate?

Then we see Allison in a classroom letting down her hair in a fairly sensual way, and a boy classmate behind her is intrigued. What is the point of this scene? She was mildly forward with Zack, but in the film's story this has nothing to do with the plot. I don't get it. At all. Anyone have any thoughts?
This is just my thoughts on it alone, I think the bird flying away means Zach is Free from Zach and Alison is free from what happened to her. I remember when she was simply lying on the bed she states out loud, "The sun feels good." she's smiling. At the shot when she's driving to School the sun is shining on her face, she seems sort of zoned out and looking into the distance.

Towards the very end the character looking at her is more than likely going to be drawn to Alison's character. Alison was drawn to Zach and he was going through many things and wouldn't even allow her to kiss him. He's suffering from PTSD and I picked that up simply just observing both characters. Back to the topic: this other character is simply just yet another minor character attracted to Alison and more than likely will become involved in her life and see the affects of what happened to her. From behind you see the scar, she pulls her hair down. The scar won't define her as a person by any means and will continue to go on with her life. I believe she will suffer from the aftermath just how we saw with how Zach was feeling and going through.

Many people tried to say Alison had something to do with Josh's intentions. I simply don't get it at all and don't believe she had anything to do with it. She looked upset and was sobbing on the ground. Zach was simply looking after her and trying to warn her. Alison had no clue what was going on and was sort of upset because of Zach being so distant to her. Many times she stated how she felt for Zach. "Josh has a thing for me, but I like you Zach." She kisses his forehead and he closes his eyes, looking down at the ground when she invites him inside. This movie I watched twice because it wasn't anything I've watched in a very long time.

Also saw something familiar. In Donnie Darko there's a party and there's people walking around, drinking beer and Donnie's girlfriend comes over. This movie everything is flipped around, Zach's character had something horrible happening to him and he comes to find Alison. Characters are walking around the party, drinking beer and a party is going on. I thought it was something interesting to see. It probably has nothing to do with the film but it was something I picked up on and thought it was interesting.