Old 03-01-2021, 02:42 PM
ventricle

The Hidden (1987)
7/10

FBI agent (Kyle McLachlan) and local officer (Michael Nouri) try to stop a space alien on a crime and murder spree. Nicely shot and paced horror thriller with a sense of humor. Well shot car chase scenes and special effects. The story is simple and rather lighthearted for a horror/thriller. And while the characters are shallow, the main actors are engaging and film's successful as light entertainment.

Old 03-06-2021, 02:25 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The Hidden (1987)
7/10

FBI agent (Kyle McLachlan) and local officer (Michael Nouri) try to stop a space alien on a crime and murder spree. Nicely shot and paced horror thriller with a sense of humor. Well shot car chase scenes and special effects. The story is simple and rather lighthearted for a horror/thriller. And while the characters are shallow, the main actors are engaging and film's successful as light entertainment.
Very much enjoyed this one, SculptDefinitely worth several watches and I can certainly appreciate an Alien who likes Fast Cars, Heavy Metal Music and Strippers!

THE DEVIL'S RAIN (1975). This Cult movie certainly has it's good points, but bounces all over the place and gooey ending goes on too long. But I like the cast (very Young John Travolta) and Ernest Borgnine is truly a very cheerful villain here. Also interesting how Anton Lavey, the founder of The Church of Satan was an advisor for the film and also has a small part. **1/2
Old 03-06-2021, 08:37 PM
病気の

Alison's Birthday, 1981. 6/10

Director: Ian Coughlan

Old Yesterday, 02:30 AM
Evil Dead

LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE AKA MIDNIGHT AT THE MANCHESTER MORGUE (1974). Pretty good and spooky flick of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD-ish corpses terrorizing an English town (although it was filmed in Italy) with a pretty cool explanation of how it all came to be. Also kudos for the unsettling breathing from the corpses. ***1/2
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM
Hellraiser

Inferno (1980)

Honestly... I was very disappointed. Watched it in conjunction with Suspiria (probably not a good idea). The opening scenes are very good; the scene where the witches “fly” is so amazing I could talk about it all day. If you’ve seen it I’ll expect you know what I mean, even if you don’t share my enthusiasm. The finale was also very lacklustre (and the riverside murder... *groan*)

Overall I completely understand why Dario Argento considers this his least favourite films, and I can see why. I know that Mario Bava films some large chunks of the film but even so I expected better from both of them.
Old Today, 08:55 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyEli View Post
Inferno (1980)

Honestly... I was very disappointed. Watched it in conjunction with Suspiria (probably not a good idea). The opening scenes are very good; the scene where the witches “fly” is so amazing I could talk about it all day. If you’ve seen it I’ll expect you know what I mean, even if you don’t share my enthusiasm. The finale was also very lacklustre (and the riverside murder... *groan*)

Overall I completely understand why Dario Argento considers this his least favourite films, and I can see why. I know that Mario Bava films some large chunks of the film but even so I expected better from both of them.
I likely join you as being a fan of Suspiria, but not necessarily a lot of the other Giallo films.

Curious what you think of The Beyond (1981)?

I enjoyed Blood and Black Lace (1964), Black Sabbath (1963) and Zombi 2, and there's a lot I haven't seen yet. But wasn't thrilled with The Beyond and Opera.