Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
loved cropsey really creepy. tried to visit the place but apparently it doesnt exist anymore.
I haven't seen Geraldo's doc and I think I'll give it a miss. It was the most unpleasant sequence. I wouldn't fancy a trip to the site either. A little too creepy.
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 06-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Evil Dead

Thanks for the write-up Chrono. I think I'll add this one to the list. Would you rec Black Death?
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Way Back (2010)

>>: B+

The Uninvited Guest (2004)

A beautifully crafted & twisted Spanish thriller that revolves around Felix, an architect who has just split up with his girl-friend and finds himself alone in his huge mansion. One day a stranger rings the door bell and asks to use the phone. Felix reluctantly lets the man in & permits his request. He leaves the man to have some privacy. When he goes back into that room he finds the room empty and he can't understand how the man left without making a noise? It seems he just vanishes! Or is he hiding somewhere in the mansion? But Is it possible to live in somebody's house hiding all the time where you can feel his presence but can't see him anywhere?
Although it started like an interesting Hitchcockian thriller but at the end it turned out more than that or any other recent psycho-thriller movie. Highly Recommended.

Thanks a lot to V for adding this exceptional entry & also whoever recommended it to HDC's Top 200 of the 2000s. It surely deserves its place not in the honorable mentions but straight into the top list.

>>: A

Last edited by roshiq; 06-18-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:39 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss tony View Post
Thanks for the write-up Chrono. I think I'll add this one to the list. Would you rec Black Death?
Black Death was incredibly well-done, well-acted and really powerful. The only reason why I haven't been on here recommending it like crazy is that it's also incredibly bleak. Of course, that's the aim of the film, but I felt a little beat-over-the-head with its anti-religious sentiment (as someone who is an Atheist, they were preaching to the choir).

Anyway - It's a very well-done film that is incredibly INCREDIBLY bleak - It's hard to recommend a film that made me feel incredibly depressed, you know? :p I can't say, "Yeah, Tony, you'd enjoy it." ;)

But, yes, in a sense, I'd recommend Black Death - Powerful and epic little film. Definitely worth seeing. Would love to hear your feedback on both that and Sauna.

Glad you enjoyed Sauna too, Roshiq - It was such a surprise; rented it randomly after Rue Morgue Magazine gave it a positive review... I didn't realize that it was going to be such a period piece... And I really liked that aspect of it. The acting was incredible too.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Black Death was incredibly well-done, well-acted and really powerful. The only reason why I haven't been on here recommending it like crazy is that it's also incredibly bleak. Of course, that's the aim of the film, but I felt a little beat-over-the-head with its anti-religious sentiment (as someone who is an Atheist, they were preaching to the choir).

Anyway - It's a very well-done film that is incredibly INCREDIBLY bleak - It's hard to recommend a film that made me feel incredibly depressed, you know? :p I can't say, "Yeah, Tony, you'd enjoy it." ;)

But, yes, in a sense, I'd recommend Black Death - Powerful and epic little film. Definitely worth seeing. Would love to hear your feedback on both that and Sauna.

Cheer! I'll get back to you.:)
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 06-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Evil is Better

I Saw The Devil

Gonna put my review in the thread for it
Old 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I Saw The Devil

Gonna put my review in the thread for it
yeah you know you liked it.....good shit fer sure:D
Old 06-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Evil Dead

"Young Guns" (1988)
"Young Guns II" (1990)

Hollywood, again, tells the story of Billy The Kid and The Lincoln County Wars

Phantom's Review: While, hardly a couple of western classics, these films are still extremely entertaining. Plenty of action and adventure and fun. I thoroughly enjoy them.
--
Old 06-18-2011, 09:14 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
The Uninvited Guest (2004)

Thanks a lot to V for adding this exceptional entry & also whoever recommended it to HDC's Top 200 of the 2000s. It surely deserves its place not in the honorable mentions but straight into the top list.
I am glad you liked it as much as I did. The Uncertain Guest is one of the few in the Top 200 which I added as my own personal recommendation while overhauling the Sticky a few weeks back.

More people need to see it. Like Sauna and Calvaire.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Evil Dead

Sucker Punch: Damn I loved this movie. I honestly can't understand all the hate for it. Sure, it's not a movie that is ever going to sweep the Oscars, but that's not the point of the movie is it? I mean you have a movie that combines hot chicks, giant samurai, zombie Nazis, and fire-breathing dragons. This is not exactly meant to be the next Titanic. It's all about fun and it brings that to say the very least. I guess some people couldn't wrap their head around the plot's twists and weirdness, but honestly I don't see it being any more convoluted than Inception.