Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 04-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
"Ghost Ship" Found Floating Off Coast Of Australia

"Ghost Ship" Mystery Puzzles Rescuers

Sydney, Australia - Rescuers were trying to solve the "Mary Celeste" style mystery of a yacht found floating off the coast with its engine running, food on its table ready to eat, but no crew.

The 12-metre (36 feet) catamaran was found 80 nautical miles off Townsville on the northeast coast, but there was no sign of the three crewmen who had set sail from Queensland state bound for Australia's west coast Sunday.

"What they found was a bit strange in that everything was normal, there was just no sign of the crew," Jon Hall from emergency management in Queensland said Friday.

Hall said the yacht's sails were up but one was badly shredded. He said the engine was running, there was food on the table, a laptop was turned on, and the radio and global positioning satellite (GPS) were working.

Three life jackets and survival equipment, including an emergency beacon, were found on board, but no life rafts.

The Mary Celeste was an abandoned "ghost ship" found off the coast of Portugal in 1872. None of the Mary Celeste's crew or passengers were ever found.

The KAZ 11 was spotted adrift on the outer Great Barrier Reef Wednesday. Rescue crews boarded the vessel Friday but there was no sign of the three crew men, aged 56, 63 and 69.

Police said weather conditions at sea Sunday and Monday were rough. "There was a fair sort of a wind out there but it's improved since then, so who knows what could've happened," said Police Chief Superintendent Roy Wall,.

Rescuers have retrieved the boat's GPS system to analyze data for clues to the mysterious disappearance of the crew.

"That will now enable us to track backwards where this yacht has actually been in the last few days, and we're hoping that can pinpoint the search area for the missing crew," said Hall.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 04-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

it's "the island" (original) all over again.....
Old 04-20-2007, 05:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
I heard that story a long time ago, I never thought it was real. Now that you just posted it happened again, thats really creepy, I wonder what's causing it? I'm not going down under, in a boat.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
I just love these stories...I wish they could figure out what really happened...But, these days it's probably just something like someone robbed them and pushed them overboard

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 04-21-2007, 10:06 AM
For Vendetta

Could it be a mini Bermuda Triangle over the northeast shores of Australia? I have always been fascinated about the Triangle, and have extensive books on it.

People disappearing, ships and planes disappearing...

what if we were them?

Where would we end up?

:D
Old 04-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
I'm TELLING you! It's a kraken! They are totally the cause. The missing people? The shredded sail? Everything was normal, they just went diving or something and it got them! Or they were just chilling on the boat and tentacles lobbed up and took them away, right before lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real